[tode_st] initial implementation of a GT-Debugger for tODE Minimal Client and Pharo-5.0 avaialable

[tode_st] initial implementation of a GT-Debugger for tODE Minimal Client and Pharo-5.0 avaialable

Dale Henrichs-3
Stephan and Doru,

Over the weekend I decided to take a cut at implementing a GT-based
debugger for the Minimal tODE API and this afternoon, I just completed
my initial work.

I decided to implement the debugger, because it would help me in my
development for Tugrik. I did'nt want to require the full tODE GUI for
use with Tugrik, but if I can implement a streamlined debugger against
the Minimal tODE API, it would be a good thing to have.

Of course I was also interested in seeing how much work it would be to
implement a debugger without creating custom client elements --- the
result is currently on the dev branch of tode and after loading the code
(the debugger is loaded by default at the moment), you can trigger a
debugger instance by executing the following in a plaground:

    TDMinimalDebugger example

I based my work loosely on the GTGenericStackDebugger implementation and
had a number of false starts, etc. while trying to figure out how the
heck the debugger worked:) I copied classes rather than trying to figure
out the right way to subclass, so that I could be free to drop halt's in
dangerous places without having to work about breaking the Pharo
debugger  - so there's probably a fair amount of dead code floating
around:) I also need to flesh out the functionality a bit more to make
it usable for my current development needs and get rid of the dead code...

But it is functional at the moment and you guys may find it interesting ...

FWIW, it will make a lot of sense to create custom client elements for
the inspectors (the area that required the most work --- to understand
the GT-side and to lay tODE pipe for) ...

Dale

[tode_st] Re: initial implementation of a GT-Debugger for tODE Minimal Client and Pharo-5.0 avaialable

Dale Henrichs-3
At this point, I've cleaned things up a bit and with the exception of
menus/actions the debugger acts pretty much like I expect it to...

Dale