[tode_st] menus implemented for lists...

[tode_st] menus implemented for lists...

Dale Henrichs-3
Paul,

I've got menus implemented for list windows, but I haven't pushed to master (need to define text window menus to finish), but if you are interested in taking menus for a spin, I can push to master or you can load from branch issue_28 ... in order for menus to work, you'll have to update your client as well ...

Dale

Re: [tode_st] menus implemented for lists...

Paul DeBruicker
On 10/01/2013 08:26 AM, Dale K. Henrichs wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I've got menus implemented for list windows, but I haven't pushed to master (need to define text window menus to finish), but if you are interested in taking menus for a spin, I can push to master or you can load from branch issue_28 ... in order for menus to work, you'll have to update your client as well ...
>
> Dale

Hey Dale,

I've loaded up issue_28.  It doesn't work immediately in Pharo 1.4
because String>>#padRightTo: and friends are in Pharo2 but not Pharo1.4.

After adding

String>>padRightTo: length
        ^ self padRightTo: length with: Character space

and

String>>padRightTo: length with: char
        ^ self, (String new: (length - self size max: 0) withAll: char)

the menus come up and seem to function fine.  I think the 'refresh
window' command will be handy as I've noticed that when methods are
added the appropriate windows aren't updated.

Re: [tode_st] menus implemented for lists...

Dale Henrichs-3
Good!

I'm glad to see that you've got things running in Pharo1.4. I've been using Pharo2.0 recently but I have issues with interrupting threads and on Linux and Windows the CMD/CTL/ALT keys are kind of funky, so I've been imagining that I'll have to fall back to Pharo1.4, since I don't recall having these problems ...

At the moment I don't attempt to auto-update windows ... that's one of the areas where you get into trouble with development over the WAN as you end up with too much network traffic updating windows multiple times ... I'm thinking that I will have two modes: one mode for LAN where automatic updates will occur and another mode where network traffic is kept to an absolute minimum ...

Dale