[tode_st] problems with downloadGemStone on Mac

[tode_st] problems with downloadGemStone on Mac

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am trying to install a tODE but I get stuck with installing GemStone. Specifically, I am trying to follow the installation instructions from:
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/installation/installDevKitServerAndClient.md#example-scriptt

but I get the following error when I try to createStone:

createStone devKit_33 3.3 | tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log
=================
   GsDevKit script: createStone devKit_33 3.3
              path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/createStone
=================
Creating stone devKit_33
=================
   GsDevKit script: downloadGemStone 3.3
              path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/downloadGemStone
=================
Downloading GemStone/S 3.3
[Info] Starting download of GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin on tgm
[Info] Downloading http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com:80/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip using /usr/local/bin/wget --no-verbose
http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip:
2016-03-18 23:17:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.

The problem seems to be in the doanloadGemStone script, but I cannot quite figure out how to fix it. Could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Quality cannot be an afterthought."

Re: [tode_st] problems with downloadGemStone on Mac

Mariano Martinez Peck
Doru,

I had a similar issue last week...I think "3.3" is not a valid version, but "3.3.0". Could you try with:

createStone devKit_33 3.3.0 | tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log

?

Thanks,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

submitted an issue on this[1]

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/82

On 03/18/2016 05:21 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
[...]

Please feel free to ask any additional questions that you might have... :)

Dale

On 3/18/16 3:18 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install a tODE but I get stuck with installing GemStone. Specifically, I am trying to follow the installation instructions from:
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/installation/installDevKitServerAndClient.md#example-scriptt
>
> but I get the following error when I try to createStone:
>
> createStone devKit_33 3.3 | tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log
> =================
>     GsDevKit script: createStone devKit_33 3.3
>                path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/createStone
> =================
> Creating stone devKit_33
> =================
>     GsDevKit script: downloadGemStone 3.3
>                path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/downloadGemStone
> =================
> Downloading GemStone/S 3.3
> [Info] Starting download of GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin on tgm
> [Info] Downloading http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com:80/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip using /usr/local/bin/wget --no-verbose
> http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip:
> 2016-03-18 23:17:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>

> The problem seems to be in the doanloadGemStone script, but I cannot quite figure out how to fix it. Could you point me in the right direction?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Quality cannot be an afterthought."

Re: [tode_st] problems with downloadGemStone on Mac

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Indeed, this was the problem. I am resuming the installation right now. I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Mar 19, 2016, at 2:07 AM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Doru,
>
> Please feel free to ask any additional questions that you might have... :)
>
> Dale
>
> On 3/18/16 3:18 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to install a tODE but I get stuck with installing GemStone. Specifically, I am trying to follow the installation instructions from:
>> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/installation/installDevKitServerAndClient.md#example-scriptt
>>
>> but I get the following error when I try to createStone:
>>
>> createStone devKit_33 3.3 | tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log
>> =================
>>    GsDevKit script: createStone devKit_33 3.3
>>               path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/createStone
>> =================
>> Creating stone devKit_33
>> =================
>>    GsDevKit script: downloadGemStone 3.3
>>               path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/downloadGemStone
>> =================
>> Downloading GemStone/S 3.3
>> [Info] Starting download of GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin on tgm
>> [Info] Downloading http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com:80/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip using /usr/local/bin/wget --no-verbose
>> http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip:
>> 2016-03-18 23:17:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>>

>> The problem seems to be in the doanloadGemStone script, but I cannot quite figure out how to fix it. Could you point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Quality cannot be an afterthought."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: [tode_st] problems with downloadGemStone on Mac

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The rest of the installation instructions worked fine for me. Thanks!

Cheers,
Doru

> On Mar 20, 2016, at 7:56 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Indeed, this was the problem. I am resuming the installation right now. I will let you know how it goes.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> On Mar 19, 2016, at 2:07 AM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Doru,
>>
>> Please feel free to ask any additional questions that you might have... :)
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 3/18/16 3:18 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to install a tODE but I get stuck with installing GemStone. Specifically, I am trying to follow the installation instructions from:
>>> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/installation/installDevKitServerAndClient.md#example-scriptt
>>>
>>> but I get the following error when I try to createStone:
>>>
>>> createStone devKit_33 3.3 | tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log
>>> =================
>>>   GsDevKit script: createStone devKit_33 3.3
>>>              path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/createStone
>>> =================
>>> Creating stone devKit_33
>>> =================
>>>   GsDevKit script: downloadGemStone 3.3
>>>              path: /Users/girba/Work/Code/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/downloadGemStone
>>> =================
>>> Downloading GemStone/S 3.3
>>> [Info] Starting download of GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin on tgm
>>> [Info] Downloading http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com:80/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip using /usr/local/bin/wget --no-verbose
>>> http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com/pub/GemStone64/3.3/GemStone64Bit3.3-i386.Darwin.zip:
>>> 2016-03-18 23:17:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>>>

>>> The problem seems to be in the doanloadGemStone script, but I cannot quite figure out how to fix it. Could you point me in the right direction?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Quality cannot be an afterthought."
>>>

>> --

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."