[tode_st] tode on windows

Gerhard Obermann
Hi,

I followed the instructions on https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode.

The problem is i don't know how the get tode shell working on windows.

If i am using "TDShell open: '3.1.0.4_mac" i always get Topez ERROR: Error: External module not found.
Is there a windows specific command

Gerhard

Re: [tode_st] tode on windows

DiegoLont
Hi Gerhard, Hi Dale,

Well I am using mac (mavericks 10.9.1), with Gemstone version 3.1.0.1 and thought I started using Tode as well. I fixed my first problem:
(TDTopezGemStoneClient sessionMap at: '3.1.0.1_mac')
netLDI: '53745';
stoneName: 'seaside';
gciLibraryName: 'libgcirpc-3.1.0.1-32.dylib'.

Also I had the error “External module not found” and this turned out the be the missing CGI library. I added this library and now I get a different error:
tode 1 > testLogin
Topez ERROR: ValueNotFound: value Transcript not found in WeakValueDictionary

I can circumvent this by not replacing the Transcript by the Tode shell, but then I still get the following error:

tode 1 > testLogin

Topez ERROR: Error: Unable to log into server:a CompileError occurred (error 1001), compilation errors -- parameter 1 is error descriptor

And this is where I give up.

Dale,
Do I need to install a newer gemstone version or is this is different problem?
Also I notice the one-click image is still pharo 1.4. Should it be easy to create a pharo 2.0 image with tode, or are there problems here (i.e. due to changes in FFI)?

Diego

On 17 Feb 2014, at 08:55, obi068 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I followed the instructions on https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode.

The problem is i don't know how the get tode shell working on windows.

If i am using "TDShell open: '3.1.0.4_mac" i always get Topez ERROR: Error: External module not found.
Is there a windows specific command

Gerhard

Re: [tode_st] tode on windows

Dale Henrichs-3
Hey guys ... I appreciate your willingness to give tODE a try, but I'm afraid that now is not a good time and tODE is still not quite where I want it to be (in terms of documentation and implementation) ...

I think that to address both of your issues, I should produce a one-click pharo image that has tODE installed and initialized correctly ....

Gerhard, your issue is due to the fact the gci libraries are not installed in the proper place for windows to find the gci libraries ... this is complicated by the fact that I am not a windows user ...

Diego, the testLogin command should work on any version of GemStone (I've tested with 2.4.x and 3.1.x) so I am interested in learning more about your compile error ... if you examine the stack on the client-side and look at the state of the GciERRSType object the messageText should have better information...

In my daily use of tODE I use both Pharo1.4 (on linux) and Pharo2.0 (on mac) there are key mapping issue with Pharo2.0 on linux that are less annoying but still present in Pharo1.4 ... I was hoping that Pharo3.0 would do a better job, but I haven't had the time recently to try porting tODE Pharo3.0 ... IIRC there was a missing library of some sort the last time I tried ...

I spent an hour or so sitting with Paul to get him started and I anticipate that there will be more difficulties with folks trying to use tODE remotely until I improve the docs ...

I am still buried with GemStone3.2 ... I've been able to find the time to rewrite the debugger in the last month or so, but I just don't have the time to spend on tODE at the moment and I've still got several "must have"[1] issues for tODE and these are issues that I want to address before opening up the system to other users ... The issues revolve mostly around rewriting the tool set to use the new functions of tODE that have recently added ... most of the toolset was written nearly a year ago and my thinking and approach and fundamental structure has changed since then and the tools need to be rewrtten to conform to the new paradigms ... otherwise, folks will be faced with inconsistencies htat shouldn't exist ...

Dale