[tode_st] when are parts of tODE persisted? How many instances of which classes should be persisted if there are no active tODE sessions?

[tode_st] when are parts of tODE persisted? How many instances of which classes should be persisted if there are no active tODE sessions?

Paul DeBruicker
I'm trying to track down garbage in my stone and see that, in topaz, after an MFC and reclaimAll,  when I run

SystemRepository countInstances: {TDShellTool. TDEditorSpec. TodeClientListElement. TDClassAndMethodDefinitionsElementBuilder. TDTopezServer}

I get

a Array
  #1 33
  #2 378
  #3 241
  #4 19
  #5 13

Does that seem like the right amount of each?

How should I go about cleaning them up if not?

Thanks

Paul

Re: [tode_st] when are parts of tODE persisted? How many instances of which classes should be persisted if there are no active tODE sessions?

Dale Henrichs-3
Paul,

tODE does persist things while in operation, both tODE objects and user
objects can be persisted. Take a look at `gs flushCaches` and you will
see a reference to `TDTopezServer clearPersistentElementCacheStack`.
That method should clean up all of the objects that have been held onto
by tODE ...

Dale