tray icon dolphin app with service access

tray icon dolphin app with service access

Jochen Riekhof-3
Hi...

a minute ago I got a request for a system tray application (autostart) that
displays the status of a service and allows for start/stop of this service.
Would be nice to do this in Dolphin :-)
Is it possible to write a tray app in dolphin at all?
Also, is it possible to access some services API? I never dealt with both
issues so I have no idea yet?

Ciao

...Jochen

Re: tray icon dolphin app with service access

Ian Bartholomew-18
Jochen,

> Is it possible to write a tray app in dolphin at all?

Over the years there have been two or three examples of how to do this
mentioned in the newsgroup - I'll collect them together if you haven't
got the archive available (or go to http://www.idb.me.uk/news.html).

I use a slightly modified version of one of them in one of my apps.  It
works but I'm never sure if I'm using it correctly :-(

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: tray icon dolphin app with service access

Dmitry Zamotkin-5
> Is it possible to write a tray app in dolphin at all?

Here is a small package for Swazoo Http Server as example of taskbar icon
application:
http://www.infolio.ru/~zamsky/SwazooTaskbar.zip

--
Dmitry Zamotkin

Re: tray icon dolphin app with service access

Jochen Riekhof-3
Hi Dmitry...

thank you for your package. I adapted it and in dolphin, it seems to work
great. When I deploy it, however, the taskbar icon is shown only for a
fraction of a second only, and then the app terminates. What do I have to do
keep the app running? There is no server dunning as in your case, it is
supposed to be just a tool to allow start/stop/pause/continue of an external
windows service.

Ciao

...Jochen

Re: tray icon dolphin app with service access

Jochen Riekhof-3
Ok, don't mind. I overlooked the empty noVisibleWindows method override.

Ciao

...Jochen