trigger an exception into live callback evaluation

trigger an exception into live callback evaluation

Joseph Blatter
hello all.

i was testing the following code in the browser and
noticed that the "1 hello" inside the live callback
block doesn't trigger a walkback when I select an item
in the list.

        aRenderer select
                list: #(1 2 3 4 5);
                selected: 2;
                labels: [:ea | ea printString ];
                callback:[:v |  selection := v ];
                liveCallback: [:anIndex :h |
                                1 hello.
                                selection := anIndex.
                                h span id: 'sel'; with: 'Value selected= ' ,
selection displayString
                        ].
                aRenderer space.
                aRenderer span id: 'sel'; with: 'Value selected= ' ,
selection displayString

is there a way to raise an exception in this case?
regards

RE: trigger an exception into live callback evaluation

Bany, Michel
I would suggest that you refresh your web browser
after you changed the code in the Smalltalk browser
to ensure that you are using the new version of the code.
HTH
Michel.

Yes, refreshing doesn't affect the behavior. i'm using
the latest version of the code, and the latest
SeasideAsync and Seaside.
Anybody can reproduce this behavior?

 --- "Bany, Michel" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I would suggest that you refresh your web browser
> after you changed the code in the Smalltalk browser
> to ensure that you are using the new version of the
> code.
> HTH
> Michel.

Pablo Iaria
Hi,

Several times I have to deal with refreshing issues and in general
they were solved by creating a *new session*.

Cheers,
Pablo.-

On 10/25/06, Joseph Blatter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, refreshing doesn't affect the behavior. i'm using
> the latest version of the code, and the latest
> SeasideAsync and Seaside.
> Anybody can reproduce this behavior?
>
>  --- "Bany, Michel" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > I would suggest that you refresh your web browser
> > after you changed the code in the Smalltalk browser
> > to ensure that you are using the new version of the
> > code.
> > HTH
> > Michel.

Pablo, I don't understand your suggestion. The "1
hello" inside the block would normally raise an
exception in a normal evaluation (e.g. doIt, printIt)
which brings a debugger inside the environment.

So i've expected to saw the walkback page in the
browser but nothing happens. The browser doesn't show
any exception or error message, even refreshing,
creating a new session or clearing the cache.

However if i set the "1 hello" inside the callback, an
exception (dNU) is raised when I submit the form.