trivial seaside test thingie

LawsonEnglish
I'd like to do something that I am sure is exceedingly trivial, but not
sure how to start:

I want to route an existing app to POST to a webpage and then examine
all the header/body info from within seaside/pharo.

I realize this is trivial, but the brain isn't working. COuld I have a hint?

THanks.

Lawson

Re: trivial seaside test thingie

Julian Fitzell-2
Register an Application and POST to that URL. In your root component,
implement #initialRequest: and look inside the passed-in Request
object for the POST fields.

At least that's one way of doing it. Another, depending on what you're
trying to accomplish, would be to write your own RequestHandler.

Julian

Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Register an Application and POST to that URL. In your root component,
> implement #initialRequest: and look inside the passed-in Request
> object for the POST fields.
>
> At least that's one way of doing it. Another, depending on what you're
> trying to accomplish, would be to write your own RequestHandler.

Thanks.

Trying to roll an xmlrpc command by hand. Can't' seem to find working
XMLRPC client code and I only need to send one command. However,
grabbing the output of my app via netcap and then trying to send it via
HTTPSocket ends up with some odd differences.

Lawson

Re: trivial seaside test thingie

LawsonEnglish
initialRequest: aRequest

    Transcript show: ((aRequest fields) associationsDo: [:value |
Transcript show: value;cr]).

just shows 'a Dictionary' in the Transcript window. But I know that the
POST contains 1707 bytes although I can't figure out how to see them.

Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Register an Application and POST to that URL. In your root component,
> implement #initialRequest: and look inside the passed-in Request
> object for the POST fields.
>
> At least that's one way of doing it. Another, depending on what you're
> trying to accomplish, would be to write your own RequestHandler.
>
> Julian
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to do something that I am sure is exceedingly trivial, but not sure
>> how to start:
>>
>> I want to route an existing app to POST to a webpage and then examine all
>> the header/body info from within seaside/pharo.
>>

>> I realize this is trivial, but the brain isn't working. COuld I have a hint?
>>

>> THanks.
>>

>> Lawson

Re: trivial seaside test thingie

Philippe Marschall
2009/11/13 Lawson English <[hidden email]>:
> initialRequest: aRequest
>
>   Transcript show: ((aRequest fields) associationsDo: [:value | Transcript
> show: value;cr]).
>

> just shows 'a Dictionary' in the Transcript window. But I know that the POST
> contains 1707 bytes although I can't figure out how to see them.

Do you want the raw POST body or the post fields?

Cheers
Philippe

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2009/11/13 Lawson English <[hidden email]>:
>
>> initialRequest: aRequest
>>
>>   Transcript show: ((aRequest fields) associationsDo: [:value | Transcript
>> show: value;cr]).
>>

>> just shows 'a Dictionary' in the Transcript window. But I know that the POST
>> contains 1707 bytes although I can't figure out how to see them.
>>

> Do you want the raw POST body or the post fields?
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

The raw body at this point. I'm trying to figure out how to fake an
xmlrpc call from squeak and cutting /pasting from netcat apparently
isn't working, so I'd like to see how Phara is portraying the raw data.

Lawson

Re: trivial seaside test thingie

Philippe Marschall
2009/11/13 Lawson English <[hidden email]>:

> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>
>> 2009/11/13 Lawson English <[hidden email]>:
>>

>>> initialRequest: aRequest
>>>
>>>  Transcript show: ((aRequest fields) associationsDo: [:value | Transcript
>>> show: value;cr]).
>>>

>>> just shows 'a Dictionary' in the Transcript window. But I know that the
>>> POST
>>> contains 1707 bytes although I can't figure out how to see them.
>>>

>> Do you want the raw POST body or the post fields?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>>

> The raw body at this point. I'm trying to figure out how to fake an xmlrpc
> call from squeak and cutting /pasting from netcat apparently isn't working,
> so I'd like to see how Phara is portraying the raw data.

So you just need if for debugging/reverse engineering purposes? If so
I've always made good experiences with tcpdump to dump the data and
Wireshark to analyze the data.

If you really need it for the implementation then you need to switch
to Seaside 3.0 and send #rawBody to the request.

Cheers
Philippe

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2009/11/13 Lawson English <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Philippe Marschall wrote:

>>> Do you want the raw POST body or the post fields?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe
>>>

>> The raw body at this point. I'm trying to figure out how to fake an xmlrpc
>> call from squeak and cutting /pasting from netcat apparently isn't working,
>> so I'd like to see how Phara is portraying the raw data.
>>

> So you just need if for debugging/reverse engineering purposes? If so
> I've always made good experiences with tcpdump to dump the data and
> Wireshark to analyze the data.
>
> If you really need it for the implementation then you need to switch
> to Seaside 3.0 and send #rawBody to the request.

Thanks. The problem has been that when I fake the xmlrpc via HTTPSocket
httpPost, I get html escape codes for every '<' and '>' amd the login
server apparently barfs at those.

COme to think of it, given I have netcat working for that, I don't need
to examine the bytes via phara/squeak. I just need to know how to avoid
the escape codes when I post the faux xmlrpc. (asking questions at 2 am
is a surefire way to ask the wrong question).

Lawson