trouble at wiki

roger@stat.Berkeley.EDU
to the forum:

When I go (for example) to:

test2.xhtml (20433 --pshouse)

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/pshouse/test2.xhtml?1279062330983

I can't see the mouse pointer, nor
select text in the box there. I can't select at:

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/Gaucho-UROP.xhtml?1279062414323

I am using Safari 5.0. As a check
against Safari, I downloaded Google
Chrome and had the same trouble with it.
I made attempts yesterday and today.

For me, this is not an urgent matter;
but if no-one else is having the difficulty,
I would like to know.

Thank you,

Roger Purves

(2008 MacBook, OSX 10.5.8)

Re: trouble at wiki

Merik Voswinkel-4
same problems here, no mouse, same system

On Jul 14, 2010, at 1:40 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]
 > wrote:

> to the forum:
>
> When I go (for example) to:
>
> test2.xhtml (20433 --pshouse)
>
> http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/pshouse/test2.xhtml?1279062330983
>
> I can't see the mouse pointer, nor
> select text in the box there. I can't select at:
>
> http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/Gaucho-UROP.xhtml?1279062414323
>

> I am using Safari 5.0. As a check
> against Safari, I downloaded Google
> Chrome and had the same trouble with it.
> I made attempts yesterday and today.
>
> For me, this is not an urgent matter;
> but if no-one else is having the difficulty,
> I would like to know.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Roger Purves
>
> (2008 MacBook, OSX 10.5.8)

Re: trouble at wiki

Robert Krahn
The problem that appeared is the following:

A class LauncherMorph was defined and the page saved with an open instance of that class. On world load the class wasn't found and an error was raised. I changed the startup logic so that it will start anyway. All morphs that could not be serialized correctly will appear with a red border around it. To find them programmatically do:

emergencyMorphs = []
WorldMorph.current().withAllSubmorphsDo(function() {
        if (this.isEmergencyMorph) emergencyMorphs.push(this)
});

To persistently add a class definition to a world please use the Local code browser and add the class there (example http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/robertkrahn/pshouse_test2.xhtml).

Alternatively add the class definition to a module and make sure that module is added to the local requirements list.

Best,
Robert

On Jul 14, 2010, at 1:40 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> to the forum:
>
> When I go (for example) to:
>
> test2.xhtml (20433 --pshouse)
>
> http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/pshouse/test2.xhtml?1279062330983
>
> I can't see the mouse pointer, nor
> select text in the box there. I can't select at:
>
> http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/Gaucho-UROP.xhtml?1279062414323
>

> I am using Safari 5.0. As a check
> against Safari, I downloaded Google
> Chrome and had the same trouble with it.
> I made attempts yesterday and today.
>
> For me, this is not an urgent matter;
> but if no-one else is having the difficulty,
> I would like to know.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Roger Purves
>
> (2008 MacBook, OSX 10.5.8)

Re: trouble at wiki

Patrick Shouse
Robert, Thanks for fixing that. I didn't realize that the code in the text morph wasn't persistent. Makes sense now that you've explained it. I'd seen the Local code browser before, but wasn't aware of its purpose and use. Is there some documentation on the different browsers (System, Local code, Wiki code) somewhere? If not, maybe I should write some ;)