trying to run DBXBrowser

pamela
Hi, I would like to run Neptuno, the DBXBrowser, as I've gotten DBX tests and Glorps test going green! I am on Max OS X Lion.

When I do-it "DBXBrowser new open", the exception:
MessageNotUnderstood:GLMTabulator>>using:
  [invoked on DBXBrowser variable 'browser' of type GLMTabulator]
called by DBXBrowser>>addConnectionsPanel
called by DBXBrowser>>open

Should GLMTabulator define method using: ? I am new to Smalltalk, sorry for my lack of knowledge. Here is how DBXBrowser>>addConnectionsPanel starts:
addConectionsPanel
	browser showOn: #connections;
		using: [browser tree title: 'Connections'; ...

I can't believe the amount of work that had to happen behind the scenes just to get me to this point! Lots of good stuff going on.

Thank you in advance,
-pamela

Re: trying to run DBXBrowser

pamela
Hi, more information might be nice :)

I've created a new system from just the past few days. Pharo 1.3. From the Metacello repository, I loaded like this:

ConfigurationOfMetacello
Gofer new
 squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
 package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
 load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) perform: #load.

ConfigurationOfOpenDBXDriver
Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfOpenDBXDriver';
  load.
(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOpenDBXDriver)
  perform: #project) perform: #version: with: #stable) load

OpenDBXDriverTests
Gofer it
 squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
 package: 'OpenDBXDriverTests';
 load.
(((Smalltalk at: #OpenDBXDriverTests)
 perform: #project)
     perform: #version: with: #stable) load

ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX
Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
  load.
(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX)
  perform: #project)
      perform: #version: with: #stable) load

ConfigurationOfDBXTools
Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXTools';
  load.
(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXTools)
  perform: #project)
      perform: #version: with: #stable) load: 'Phoseydon'
--- note this one is different, takes argument 'Phoseydon'

ConfigurationOfDBXBrowser
Gofer it
   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXBrowser';
   load.
(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXTools)
   perform: #project)
       perform: #version: with: #stable) load: 'Neptuno'

Wait a minute: 'ConfigurationOfDBXTools' again???

I tried changing the above snippet to ConfigurationOfDBXBrowser, but I crashed Pharo and changes I made seem gone. Here's where I got that snippet:
  dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/news/Neptuno-First-Stable-Version-Release

Questions Guillermo asked:
- where did you load the image?
I don't know what this means.
- are you using moose?
I don't think so.
- how did you load the package?
Did I answer this correctly above?

Thank you,
-pamela

Re: trying to run DBXBrowser

pamela
Still working through this....
If I change the last Smalltalk snippet to:
(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXBrowser)
   perform: #project)
       perform: #version: with: #stable) load: 'Neptuno'
I get an exception:
Name not found: Neptuno

I tried:
(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXBrowser)
  perform: #project)
      perform: #version: with: #stable) load
which seems to load, but
DBXBrowser new open
still give the exception from the top of the thread. How??? [BTW, how do I undo this load, if needed?]

I appreciate any input. Thank you!
-pamela

Re: trying to run DBXBrowser

pamela
Resolved -- thanks to Guillermo!
This morning, I did this:
Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXTools';
    load.
(ConfigurationOfDBXTools project
    version: #stable) load: 'Neptuno'.
and it works like a champ. I can open the DBXBrowser window, I added a connection to work against my local Postgres, but I don't see any other way to test it out. I'm going to stop here and upgrade to Pharo 1.4.

MUCH appreciated!
-pamela

Re: trying to run DBXBrowser

Cameron Sanders
Great!

I just noticed that they completely revised the DBXtalk pages -- or... maybe I missed this page? (how could I?) Anyway, just in case you missed them. (I doubt it... ... i'm just sayin'.)

See, if we can generate Magritte descriptions, that is great. Because from Magritte class descriptions, I can automatically generate html dialogs *and* -- well, i believe so anyway -- Morphic/Polymorphic native dialogs. (Though I only care about the html dialogs.) So... I am tickled to see that this suite generates magritte descriptions!

Good luck, and we'll talk soon!
Cam

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM, pamela [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Resolved -- thanks to Guillermo!
This morning, I did this:
Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXTools';
    load.
(ConfigurationOfDBXTools project
    version: #stable) load: 'Neptuno'.
and it works like a champ. I can open the DBXBrowser window, I added a connection to work against my local Postgres, but I don't see any other way to test it out. I'm going to stop here and upgrade to Pharo 1.4.

MUCH appreciated!
-pamela

http://forum.world.st/trying-to-run-DBXBrowser-tp4569767p4572484.html
To start a new topic under DBXTalk, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DBXTalk, click here.
NAML

Re: trying to run DBXBrowser

Cameron Sanders
Oh, yes, and the Download page as some info too.

http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/Download/

What is Phoseydon versus Neptuno?

- I have to get ready to go -- my apologies to be handing you links you already have!