twitter bootstrap update

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Currently, the Twitter Bootstrap package includes the 2.0.4 version of the library. We should update this to 2.1.1. I wanted to do this, but I do not have the rights to commit.

Could anyone perform the update or just provide me with the rights?

For reference, the repository I am talking about is here:
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: twitter bootstrap update

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hello.

If anyone is wondering, yes, there are valuable improvements in the new version :)

Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap? I've done some weird experiments could post :). For example this site:
http://matafuegosphl.com.ar/

Regars.

2012/10/14 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Currently, the Twitter Bootstrap package includes the 2.0.4 version of the library. We should update this to 2.1.1. I wanted to do this, but I do not have the rights to commit.

Could anyone perform the update or just provide me with the rights?

For reference, the repository I am talking about is here:
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: twitter bootstrap update

Yanni Chiu
On 15/10/12 8:07 AM, Gastón Dall' Oglio wrote:

> Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap?

I looked at TwitterBootstrap a while back, but I was put off by the use
of "less" for customization, and by the limited components/widgets. But,
looking now, it looks very polished (but still uses "less").

> I've done some weird experiments could post :). For example this site:
> http://matafuegosphl.com.ar/

Interesting site. Is that done with Pier and TwitterBootstrap? Did you
have to modify Pier at all, or could you just make do with all the hooks
provided by Pier & Magritte?

--
Yanni

Re: twitter bootstrap update

radoslav hodnicak
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 15/10/12 8:07 AM, Gastón Dall' Oglio wrote:

Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap?

I looked at TwitterBootstrap a while back, but I was put off by the use of "less" for customization, and by the limited components/widgets. But, looking now, it looks very polished (but still uses "less").

What do you dislike about "less"? I found it pretty handy to have a css preprocessor that allows me to separate the styling of various parts of my webapps into different files (so that I don't have to scroll the whole day editing one giant css file) while keeping shared/global values and have mixins etc. I use the file watcher utility so the final css file is always up to date as soon as I edit anything. No additional work, lots of advantages.

rado

Re: twitter bootstrap update

Tudor Girba-2

Yes, I am starting to port a couple of websites to use TwitterBootstrap. I will announce the results once they are ready.

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Oct 2012, at 14:07, Gastón Dall' Oglio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> If anyone is wondering, yes, there are valuable improvements in the new version :)
>
> Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap? I've done some weird experiments could post :). For example this site:
> http://matafuegosphl.com.ar/
>
> Regars.
>
> 2012/10/14 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> Currently, the Twitter Bootstrap package includes the 2.0.4 version of the library. We should update this to 2.1.1. I wanted to do this, but I do not have the rights to commit.
>
> Could anyone perform the update or just provide me with the rights?
>
> For reference, the repository I am talking about is here:
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

On 15/10/12 2:21 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> What do you dislike about "less"?

That it is a template system. My assumption at the time, was that CSS
would have to way to factor out a colour scheme. After mucking with CSS
myself, I can understand why "less" is used. I also didn't want to
install yet another tool.

I'm going to try a play around with TWBS, and see if I can set colours
by setting them in a custom CSS that is loaded last.

Re: twitter bootstrap update

Jan van de Sandt
Hello,

I have uploaded a new version of the Twitter-Bootstrap-Libraries package with version 2.1.1. I have done some limited tests and things seem to work ok. If you encounter any problems please let me know.

Jan.

2012/10/15 Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]>
On 15/10/12 2:21 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

What do you dislike about "less"?

That it is a template system. My assumption at the time, was that CSS would have to way to factor out a colour scheme. After mucking with CSS myself, I can understand why "less" is used. I also didn't want to install yet another tool.

Hi.

I don't install anything, but maybe you want personalize more than I do. You can do some customize in http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/customize.html , and then download an zip with all already compiled.

I'm going to try a play around with TWBS, and see if I can set colours by setting them in a custom CSS that is loaded last.

That is my approach, and works very fine, you know, look at why class of TBootstrap is used and personalize it.

Regards.

Re: twitter bootstrap update

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Great!
Want to see how you did. There some things related to pier I do not know how to make them better.

2012/10/15 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Yes, I am starting to port a couple of websites to use TwitterBootstrap. I will announce the results once they are ready.

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Oct 2012, at 14:07, Gastón Dall' Oglio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> If anyone is wondering, yes, there are valuable improvements in the new version :)
>
> Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap? I've done some weird experiments could post :). For example this site:
> http://matafuegosphl.com.ar/
>
> Regars.
>
> 2012/10/14 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> Currently, the Twitter Bootstrap package includes the 2.0.4 version of the library. We should update this to 2.1.1. I wanted to do this, but I do not have the rights to commit.
>
> Could anyone perform the update or just provide me with the rights?
>
> For reference, the repository I am talking about is here:
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

Re: twitter bootstrap update

Gastón Dall' Oglio

2012/10/15 Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]>
On 15/10/12 8:07 AM, Gastón Dall' Oglio wrote:

Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap?

I looked at TwitterBootstrap a while back, but I was put off by the use of "less" for customization, and by the limited components/widgets. But, looking now, it looks very polished (but still uses "less").

They are adding many interesting features, and as they continue to integrate more components jquery, will be increasingly useful.

I've done some weird experiments could post :). For example this site:
http://matafuegosphl.com.ar/

Interesting site. Is that done with Pier and TwitterBootstrap? Did you have to modify Pier at all, or could you just make do with all the hooks provided by Pier & Magritte?

mmm, I've done some weird experiments :) I publish them in some days, some interesting parts, but do not expect marvels :)

Regards.

--
Yanni

On 16/10/12 7:34 AM, Gastón Dall' Oglio wrote:

> You can do some customize in
> http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/customize.html , and then download
> an zip with all already compiled.

Yes, I saw that there was online customization. That certainly lowers
the bar, for experimenting.

The other feature I wanted, was to be able to customize from within the
Seaside app itself (or from its config). Hmmm, looking at lesscss.org,
it seems that "less" can run client-side too.