unexpected merge conflict

Andrei Chis
Hi,

In a fresh Pharo 4 image I want to merge a package (Glamour-Presentations) but I get a merge conflict.

Nevertheless, the package from the image has no changes and the package cache is empty. Shouldn't there be no merge conflict in this case?

The package is here (its the latest version):
MCSmalltalkhubRepository
owner: 'Moose'
project: 'Glamour'
user: ''
password: ''

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: unexpected merge conflict

Marcus Denker-4

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 23:35, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In a fresh Pharo 4 image I want to merge a package (Glamour-Presentations) but I get a merge conflict.
>
> Nevertheless, the package from the image has no changes and the package cache is empty. Shouldn't there be no merge conflict in this case?

I think we do not have the repositories defined correctly for these packages.
(or alternatively, the current packages need to be in the pharo repo which is not the case).

        Marcus

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 23:35, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In a fresh Pharo 4 image I want to merge a package (Glamour-Presentations) but I get a merge conflict.
>
> Nevertheless, the package from the image has no changes and the package cache is empty. Shouldn't there be no merge conflict in this case?

I think we do not have the repositories defined correctly for these packages.
(or alternatively, the current packages need to be in the pharo repo which is not the case).

Hmm... Now it's behaving even more strangely.
When I try to manually merge I sometimes get/don't get the merge conflict.
However, when I load that package through a configuration I always get a warning that I have a merge conflict.

(ConfigurationOfGTPlaygroundCore project version: '2.0.0') load

It' strange because it only happens for one method, while this version of GTools has a lot of other changes.

        Marcus

On 30 Oct 2014, at 13:59, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 23:35, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In a fresh Pharo 4 image I want to merge a package (Glamour-Presentations) but I get a merge conflict.
>
> Nevertheless, the package from the image has no changes and the package cache is empty. Shouldn't there be no merge conflict in this case?

I think we do not have the repositories defined correctly for these packages.
(or alternatively, the current packages need to be in the pharo repo which is not the case).

Hmm... Now it's behaving even more strangely.
When I try to manually merge I sometimes get/don't get the merge conflict.
However, when I load that package through a configuration I always get a warning that I have a merge conflict.

(ConfigurationOfGTPlaygroundCore project version: '2.0.0') load

It' strange because it only happens for one method, while this version of GTools has a lot of other changes.

There was a huge refactoring reated to menus that might have touched that one method…

Marcus