unnamed processes

Ben Coman
An uncommon situation but it exposes something that would be nice to correct anyhow...

If interCyclePause is commented out like...

    WorldState >>doOneCycleFor: aWorld
"self interCyclePause: MinCycleLapse."
self doOneCycleNowFor: aWorld.

in Process Browser there is a build-up of unnamed priority 31 processes.
I haven't been able to track down where these arise from
to work out what their name should be.

Anyone who contributed code which creates forks a new process,
could you check if this is the source and provide a name?

cheers -ben

P.S. I wonder if the default name of forked processes should be something like "thisContext sender receiver"

Re: unnamed processes

Guillermo Polito

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:20 AM Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
An uncommon situation but it exposes something that would be nice to correct anyhow...

If interCyclePause is commented out like...

    WorldState >>doOneCycleFor: aWorld
"self interCyclePause: MinCycleLapse."
self doOneCycleNowFor: aWorld.

in Process Browser there is a build-up of unnamed priority 31 processes.
I haven't been able to track down where these arise from
to work out what their name should be.

Anyone who contributed code which creates forks a new process,
could you check if this is the source and provide a name?

cheers -ben

P.S. I wonder if the default name of forked processes should be something like "thisContext sender receiver"

Maybe. I don't like in general how people overuse processes.
I've seen lately tons of deadlocks and non-dying processes...

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189