[unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

J G

[unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

J G
hi,
VW can't handle zip and rar files so I google to find that winrar has provided a freeware unrar as dlls at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm.
Any wrappers in VW existing there, please?
Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jim G

Re: [unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

kobetic
For reading zip files, there's now Compression-Zip package in the public repository which will also ship with VW7.6. For details, take a look at the package comment.

HTH,

Martin

Jim Guo wrote:
> hi,
> VW can't handle zip and rar files so I google to find that winrar has
> provided a freeware unrar as dlls at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm.
> Any wrappers in VW existing there, please?
> Thanks!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jim G

Re: [unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

Mark Pirogovsky-3
Does anyone know what is ETA for the 7.6 ?

Martin Kobetic wrote:

> For reading zip files, there's now Compression-Zip package in the public
> repository which will also ship with VW7.6. For details, take a look at
> the package comment.
>
> HTH,
>
> Martin
>
> Jim Guo wrote:
>> hi,
>> VW can't handle zip and rar files so I google to find that winrar has
>> provided a freeware unrar as dlls at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm.
>> Any wrappers in VW existing there, please?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Jim G

Re: [unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

June 21 is when summer starts, so spring release should be out some time before then. Hehe.

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

Martin Kobetic wrote:
> For reading zip files, there's now Compression-Zip package in the public
> repository which will also ship with VW7.6. For details, take a look at
> the package comment.
>
> HTH,
>
> Martin
>
> Jim Guo wrote:
>> hi,
>> VW can't handle zip and rar files so I google to find that winrar has
>> provided a freeware unrar as dlls at: http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm.
>> Any wrappers in VW existing there, please?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Jim G

RE: [unrar] is there any wrapper existing for freeware unrar.dll?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Its June 21 in the one that matters ;)

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

J G

2007/11/19, Martin Kobetic <[hidden email]>:
For reading zip files, there's now Compression-Zip package in the public repository which will also ship with VW7.6. For details, take a look at the package comment.

HTH,

Martin

Hi, Martin,
Yes, but it seems can only deal with .gz files but not .zip files. It'll complain format is not gzip when reading a winzip file.
It's confusing, since gzip can deal with winzip file, however.

Best Regards,

Jim G

Jim Guo wrote:
> Hi, Martin,
> Yes, but it seems can only deal with .gz files but not .zip files. It'll
> complain format is not gzip when reading a winzip file.
> It's confusing, since gzip can deal with winzip file, however.

You must be looking at Compression-ZLib, while I was talking about a new package called Compression-Zip. Unless you have access to the VW 7.6 builds you'll only find it in the public repository.

HTH,

Martin

J G

2007/11/22, Martin Kobetic <[hidden email]>:

You must be looking at Compression-ZLib, while I was talking about a new package called Compression-Zip. Unless you have access to the VW 7.6 builds you'll only find it in the public repository.

HTH,

Martin

Hi, Martin,
Yes, you're right. And thank you :)