unregistering from announcements in glamour

unregistering from announcements in glamour

Tudor Girba
Hi,

It looks like we finally managed to get Glamour to unregister properly from model announcements (thanks to Henrik and Esteban).

It would be nice to have more tests around this. Jorge started to use his nice meta-engine to provide some fine grained instrumentation so that we can test this in a different way.

In the meantime, let us know if you still have problems with garbage collecting a model (MooseModel or otherwise) after opening a Glamour browser.

This is a critical point in getting Glamour to be used on a larger scale. It would be so great if this would actually work properly :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: unregistering from announcements in glamour

abergel
Was this the remaining obstacle from being able to have a browser updated?

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: unregistering from announcements in glamour

Tudor Girba
No. The update works since 1 year :)

The problem was that after registering a Glamour browser to an announcement raised by a model, you would risk not being able to garbage collect the model after closing the browser.

For example, in the case of Moose, you loaded a model, played with it in the MoosePanel, then delete the model, close the panel, and the model would still linger around getting your image to grow constantly as you played some more.

Cheers,
Doru

On 16 Mar 2011, at 13:29, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Was this the remaining obstacle from being able to have a browser updated?
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 16 Mar 2011, at 02:59, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like we finally managed to get Glamour to unregister properly from model announcements (thanks to Henrik and Esteban).
>>
>> It would be nice to have more tests around this. Jorge started to use his nice meta-engine to provide some fine grained instrumentation so that we can test this in a different way.
>>
>> In the meantime, let us know if you still have problems with garbage collecting a model (MooseModel or otherwise) after opening a Glamour browser.
>>
>> This is a critical point in getting Glamour to be used on a larger scale. It would be so great if this would actually work properly :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: unregistering from announcements in glamour

abergel
Oh yes! I have been bitten by this a couple of times.

Alexandre