unused method removal in Caffeine

Craig Latta

Hi--

     I got the unused-method-removal stuff from Spoon running in
SqueakJS, and I wrote a blog post about it:

     https://thiscontext.com/2019/03/25/the-big-shake-out

     I'd love to hear of any use cases people are interested in pursuing.

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital

Re: unused method removal in Caffeine

K K Subbu
On 26/03/19 4:46 AM, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi--
>
>       I got the unused-method-removal stuff from Spoon running in
> SqueakJS, and I wrote a blog post about it:
>
>       https://thiscontext.com/2019/03/25/the-big-shake-out

Utterly fascinating! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if you could share a
live video recording of some of your live coding sessions.

Is it possible to create checkpoints and rollback to previously created
checkpoints where you are shaking out methods?

Regards .. Subbu

Re: unused method removal in Caffeine

Craig Latta

Hi Subbu--

> > I got the unused-method-removal stuff from Spoon running in
> > SqueakJS, and I wrote a blog post about it:
> >
> > https://thiscontext.com/2019/03/25/the-big-shake-out
>
> Utterly fascinating! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if you could share a
> live video recording of some of your live coding sessions.

     Yeah! It's fun to watch methods getting swapped in as a result of,
say, resizing a window. :)

> Is it possible to create checkpoints and rollback to previously
> created checkpoints where you are shaking out methods?

     Sure, I use object memory snapshots for that.

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital
Amsterdam :: San Francisco
[hidden email]
+31   6 2757 7177
+ 1 415  287 3547

Re: unused method removal in Caffeine

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Graig,

Sorry for the late response. I just read the blog entry. That's pretty neat! I reminded me my PhD thesis. My goal and solution was somehow similar. Just in case you would like to read more details, see [1] and [2].

PS: I still remember reading about Spoon at the first first steps of the PhD :)