[update 1.1] #11069

Stéphane Ducasse
11069
-----

Issue 1541: Settings integration part3
*added a menu entry in the world menu for the new setting browser.
* added double-click handling in MorphTreeMorph
* SystemSettingBrowser, double clicking on a row open a class browser on
the method which declares the selected setting
* do not update a SystemSettingBrowser if it is not viewed by an opened
window (prevents updating of a closed but not yet garbaged window)
* improved gradient background rendering (radial direction)
* added System-Support-SystemSettings, Network-SystemSettings,
Polymorph-SystemSettings and Monticello-SystemSettings packages
* migrate all preferences from the old Browsing
* migrate existing http proxy preferences
* migrate existing media preferences
* add settings for network user name, password, blab email, author fullname
* deprecation of some old preference methods

Thanks a lot alain!!!!!!

Re: [update 1.1] #11069

Alain Plantec-4
great,
let's go for part 4 !
Cheers
Alain

Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :

> 11069
> -----
>
> Issue 1541: Settings integration part3
> *added a menu entry in the world menu for the new setting browser.
> * added double-click handling in MorphTreeMorph
> * SystemSettingBrowser, double clicking on a row open a class browser on
> the method which declares the selected setting
> * do not update a SystemSettingBrowser if it is not viewed by an opened
> window (prevents updating of a closed but not yet garbaged window)
> * improved gradient background rendering (radial direction)
> * added System-Support-SystemSettings, Network-SystemSettings,
> Polymorph-SystemSettings and Monticello-SystemSettings packages
> * migrate all preferences from the old Browsing
> * migrate existing http proxy preferences
> * migrate existing media preferences
> * add settings for network user name, password, blab email, author fullname
> * deprecation of some old preference methods
>
> Thanks a lot alain!!!!!!

Re: [update 1.1] #11069

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks alain.
This is so cool.

Stef

On Dec 3, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> great,
> let's go for part 4 !
> Cheers
> Alain
>
> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> 11069
>> -----
>>
>> Issue 1541: Settings integration part3
>> *added a menu entry in the world menu for the new setting browser.
>> * added double-click handling in MorphTreeMorph
>> * SystemSettingBrowser, double clicking on a row open a class browser on
>> the method which declares the selected setting
>> * do not update a SystemSettingBrowser if it is not viewed by an opened
>> window (prevents updating of a closed but not yet garbaged window)
>> * improved gradient background rendering (radial direction)
>> * added System-Support-SystemSettings, Network-SystemSettings,
>> Polymorph-SystemSettings and Monticello-SystemSettings packages
>> * migrate all preferences from the old Browsing
>> * migrate existing http proxy preferences
>> * migrate existing media preferences
>> * add settings for network user name, password, blab email, author fullname
>> * deprecation of some old preference methods
>>
>> Thanks a lot alain!!!!!!

Re: [update 1.1] #11069

Alain Plantec-4
but when I try to update from a 11068, I only get the '0 new update
file' popup...
I'm using a fresh 11068 and this is not a network problem because I can
open the pharo repository.
:(

Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11069

I'm the idiot.
Forgot to upload the files.....
baby sick kills your brain.

Stef

On Dec 3, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> but when I try to update from a 11068, I only get the '0 new update
> file' popup...
> I'm using a fresh 11068 and this is not a network problem because I can
> open the pharo repository.
> :(
>
> Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11069

Mariano Martinez Peck
I tough it was the problem we have at Smalltalks Sprint at Argentina, do you remember? the proxy was caching something...so we had to explicitly do the http request of a certain URL in a browser. I cannot remember right now the URL :(

Best,

Mariano

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm the idiot.
Forgot to upload the files.....
baby sick kills your brain.

Stef

On Dec 3, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> but when I try to update from a 11068, I only get the '0 new update
> file' popup...
> I'm using a fresh 11068 and this is not a network problem because I can
> open the pharo repository.
> :(
>
> Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11069

Stéphane Ducasse
no can you try now?

Stef

On Dec 3, 2009, at 10:42 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I tough it was the problem we have at Smalltalks Sprint at Argentina, do you remember? the proxy was caching something...so we had to explicitly do the http request of a certain URL in a browser. I cannot remember right now the URL :(
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm the idiot.
> Forgot to upload the files.....
> baby sick kills your brain.
>
> Stef
>
> On Dec 3, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:
>
> > but when I try to update from a 11068, I only get the '0 new update
> > file' popup...
> > I'm using a fresh 11068 and this is not a network problem because I can
> > open the pharo repository.
> > :(
> >
> > Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11069