[update 1.1] #11107

Marcus Denker-4
Issue 1627: Preferences Migration Part11

Pass 1 finished !!!!
All core preferences are migrated.

SLICE-PreferencesMigrationPart11-AlainPlantec.11 is in inbox

* migrates "windows color" "keyboard" "security" "scrolling" "keyboard"
"services" "updates" groups
* removes WindowColorRegistry class
* ProjectLauncher readDocumentAtStartup: is here again
* each model specifies its preferred color for squeak ui themes with a
#patchworkUIThemeColor method
* added  "Kernel-SystemSettings" package

Re: [update 1.1] #11107

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks a lot alain this is really cool!
What a work! I imagine that now you want to rest from Preferences :)

Stef

On Dec 18, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Issue 1627: Preferences Migration Part11
>
> Pass 1 finished !!!!
> All core preferences are migrated.
>
> SLICE-PreferencesMigrationPart11-AlainPlantec.11 is in inbox
>
> * migrates "windows color" "keyboard" "security" "scrolling" "keyboard"
> "services" "updates" groups
> * removes WindowColorRegistry class
> * ProjectLauncher readDocumentAtStartup: is here again
> * each model specifies its preferred color for squeak ui themes with a
> #patchworkUIThemeColor method
> * added  "Kernel-SystemSettings" package

Re: [update 1.1] #11107

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> Thanks a lot alain this is really cool!
> What a work! I imagine that now you want to rest from Preferences :)

Thanks Steph,

lot of Preferences references remain, but not so much :)
I would like to remove them then produce a Preferences package
removable from the core an re-loadable if needed (pharo aka dev distrib
needs it).
Then documentation ...

Alain

> Stef
>
> On Dec 18, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> Issue 1627: Preferences Migration Part11
>>
>> Pass 1 finished !!!!
>> All core preferences are migrated.
>>
>> SLICE-PreferencesMigrationPart11-AlainPlantec.11 is in inbox
>>
>> * migrates "windows color" "keyboard" "security" "scrolling" "keyboard"
>> "services" "updates" groups
>> * removes WindowColorRegistry class
>> * ProjectLauncher readDocumentAtStartup: is here again
>> * each model specifies its preferred color for squeak ui themes with a
>> #patchworkUIThemeColor method
>> * added  "Kernel-SystemSettings" package

Re: [update 1.1] #11107

Stéphane Ducasse
you are talking about a dream we made and this coming to be true :)

>> Thanks Steph,
>
> lot of Preferences references remain, but not so much :)
> I would like to remove them then produce a Preferences package
> removable from the core an re-loadable if needed (pharo aka dev distrib
> needs it).
> Then documentation ...

Re: [update 1.1] #11107

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
you are talking about a dream we made and this coming to be true :)

>> Thanks Steph,
>
> lot of Preferences references remain, but not so much :)
> I would like to remove them then produce a Preferences package
> removable from the core an re-loadable if needed (pharo aka dev distrib
> needs it).

Excellent. If you want I can create a Metacello ConfigurationOfPreferences or something similar :)