[update 1.1] #11139

Marcus Denker-4
11139
-----

Issue 1753: results of cycle cleaning experiment

on 7.1.2010 we used Jannik's tool to find cyclic dependencies between packages. We started to
clean the easy ones.

In addition, some unsent methods where removed:

Array removeSelector: #evalStrings!
Collection removeSelector: #chooseOne:!
FileDirectory removeSelector: #directoryObject!
FileDirectory removeSelector: #updateProjectInfoFor:!
HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #httpShowGif:!
HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #httpShowJpeg:!
HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #retry:asking:ifGiveUp:!
HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #showImage:named:!
Preferences class removeSelector: #swapMouseButtons!
String removeSelector: #asIRCLowercase!
TextMorphEditor removeSelector: #selectAndScrollToTop!
TextMorphEditor removeSelector: #selectForTopFrom:to:!
TextMorphEditor removeSelector: #userHasNotEdited!
PreferenceBrowserMorph class removeSelector: #updateBrowsers!
WideString class removeSelector: #allMultiStringMethods!
WideString class removeSelector: #allNonAsciiMethods!
Utilities class removeSelector: #assureAvailabilityOfUnstableUpdateStream!
Utilities class removeSelector: #broadcastUpdatesFrom:to:except:!
Utilities class removeSelector: #fileInFromUpdatesFolder:!
Utilities class removeSelector: #initializeClosures!
Utilities class removeSelector: #openRecentSubmissionsBrowser!

Re: [update 1.1] #11139

Michael Roberts-2
unfortunately, it looks like this update has killed my build server.
This image can no longer file in scripts from the command line.

it looks like asUrl was removed from String.  was this intentional?

thanks,
Mike

On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> unfortunately, it looks like this update has killed my build server.
> This image can no longer file in scripts from the command line.
>
> it looks like asUrl was removed from String.  was this intentional?

This is fixed in 11143... MC likes to omit methods that are recategorized.

        Marcus

Re: [update 1.1] #11139

no this is bug in MC that removed the method when moving between packages.

Stef

On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> unfortunately, it looks like this update has killed my build server.
> This image can no longer file in scripts from the command line.
>
> it looks like asUrl was removed from String.  was this intentional?
>
> thanks,
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 11139
>> -----
>>
>> Issue 1753:     results of cycle cleaning experiment
>>
>> on 7.1.2010 we used Jannik's tool to find cyclic dependencies between packages. We started to
>> clean the easy ones.
>>
>> In addition, some unsent methods where removed:
>>
>> Array removeSelector: #evalStrings!
>> Collection removeSelector: #chooseOne:!
>> FileDirectory removeSelector: #directoryObject!
>> FileDirectory removeSelector: #updateProjectInfoFor:!
>> HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #httpShowGif:!
>> HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #httpShowJpeg:!
>> HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #retry:asking:ifGiveUp:!
>> HTTPSocket class removeSelector: #showImage:named:!
>> Preferences class removeSelector: #swapMouseButtons!
>> String removeSelector: #asIRCLowercase!
>> TextMorphEditor removeSelector: #selectAndScrollToTop!
>> TextMorphEditor removeSelector: #selectForTopFrom:to:!
>> TextMorphEditor removeSelector: #userHasNotEdited!
>> PreferenceBrowserMorph class removeSelector: #updateBrowsers!
>> WideString class removeSelector: #allMultiStringMethods!
>> WideString class removeSelector: #allNonAsciiMethods!
>> Utilities class removeSelector: #assureAvailabilityOfUnstableUpdateStream!
>> Utilities class removeSelector: #broadcastUpdatesFrom:to:except:!
>> Utilities class removeSelector: #fileInFromUpdatesFolder:!
>> Utilities class removeSelector: #initializeClosures!
>> Utilities class removeSelector: #openRecentSubmissionsBrowser!

Re: [update 1.1] #11139

Michael Roberts-2
ok, I don't mind the breakage so much, it's just a bit entertaining
when trying to do continuous integration.

We will need to agree what our expectations of a continuous
integration solution are, because if you push out an update that can
not launch scripts then we're stuffed. This is of course true to
changes to the execution machinery and other fundamental areas.

I'm interested in what you think about the future process.

Mike

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:
>
>> unfortunately, it looks like this update has killed my build server.
>> This image can no longer file in scripts from the command line.
>>
>> it looks like asUrl was removed from String.  was this intentional?
>>

> This is fixed in 11143... MC likes to omit methods that are recategorized.
>
>        Marcus

Re: [update 1.1] #11139

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:11 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> ok, I don't mind the breakage so much, it's just a bit entertaining
> when trying to do continuous integration.

Yes, but things like this will happen.... than the automatic build will brake
and be assisten by hand.

        Marcus