[update 1.1] #11151

Marcus Denker-4
11150
-----

Issue 1593 : Packages: strange MC packages in need of cleanup (again)

MC lost lots of classes... so this loads all affected packages (the settings ones).

Re: [update 1.1] #11151

Alain Plantec-4
yep! :)
Now, the preferences to settings migration is over for the core.
It means that the core can leave without Preferences (but not pharo-dev
so far).
The old preferences browser can still be opened
(<world>/Tools/More.../PreferencesBrowser).
The problem we had with updates 11149->11150 shows us that the core can
also leave without settings :)
Now, I fix comments and write documentation so that people can define
settings for pharo-dev.

Alain

Marcus Denker a écrit :

> 11150
> -----
>
> Issue 1593 : Packages: strange MC packages in need of cleanup (again)
>
> MC lost lots of classes... so this loads all affected packages (the settings ones).

Re: [update 1.1] #11151

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent!
Thanks a lot.

On Jan 11, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> yep! :)
> Now, the preferences to settings migration is over for the core.
> It means that the core can leave without Preferences (but not pharo-dev
> so far).
> The old preferences browser can still be opened
> (<world>/Tools/More.../PreferencesBrowser).
> The problem we had with updates 11149->11150 shows us that the core can
> also leave without settings :)
> Now, I fix comments and write documentation so that people can define
> settings for pharo-dev.
>
> Alain
>
> Marcus Denker a écrit :
>> 11150
>> -----
>>
>> Issue 1593 : Packages: strange MC packages in need of cleanup (again)
>>
>> MC lost lots of classes... so this loads all affected packages (the settings ones).

Re: [update 1.1] #11151

Michael Rueger-6
On 1/11/2010 9:29 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
> 11150
> -----
>
> Issue 1593 : Packages: strange MC packages in need of cleanup (again)
>
> MC lost lots of classes... so this loads all affected packages (the settings ones).

to avoid occurences like this use configuration maps, the only way to
get MC to move classes between packages.

Michael