[update 1.1] #11221

Torsten Bergmann
Issue 2014: delete class TheWorldMenu

OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.

Bye
T.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Re: [update 1.1] #11221

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:49 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Issue 2014: delete class TheWorldMenu
>

> OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
> side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
> register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.

Hmm... but registering with a class that is not used makes not much sense, either.
Maybe for easy loading we should reaint the TheWorldMenu class for now?

Registering to the new world menu uses (as people might have guessed): Evil Pragmas :-)

MenuRegistrationExample has an example:

myOwnCoolToolRegistrationOn: aBuilder
        <worldMenuExample>
        (aBuilder item: #MyOwnCoolTool)
                parent: #Tools;
                label: 'My own cool tool';
                target: Workspace;
                selector: #openContents: ;
                arguments: #('yep, my own cool tool can be opened from the world menu ! :)')

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.1] #11221

Alain Plantec-4
Torsten Bergmann a écrit :

> Issue 2014: delete class TheWorldMenu
>

> OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
> side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
> register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.
>
> Bye
> T.

you just have to write a method like the following:

RecentMessageSet class>>menuCommandOn: aBuilder
        <worldMenu>
        (aBuilder item: #'Recent Submissions')
            action: [Utilities browseRecentSubmissions];
            parent: #CodeRecoveringTools;
            help: 'Browse your last methods submissions';
            icon: self taskbarIcon

See MenuRegistration comments for more informations about how to record
your own menus.

Cheers
Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11221

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks alain
Your work is really making the system more tangled.
We are going in the right direction
        - no preferences bad class anymore
        - declarative menu world building
Excellent

On Feb 20, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Torsten Bergmann a écrit :
>> Issue 2014: delete class TheWorldMenu
>>

>> OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
>> side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
>> register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.
>>
>> Bye
>> T.
>>

> you just have to write a method like the following:
>
> RecentMessageSet class>>menuCommandOn: aBuilder
>        <worldMenu>
>        (aBuilder item: #'Recent Submissions')
>            action: [Utilities browseRecentSubmissions];
>            parent: #CodeRecoveringTools;
>            help: 'Browse your last methods submissions';
>            icon: self taskbarIcon
>
> See MenuRegistration comments for more informations about how to record
> your own menus.
>
> Cheers
> Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11221

Yeah probably we should let is empty with a big class comments.

We will start to write a chapter with alain on setting and world menu

Stef

On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:49 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Issue 2014: delete class TheWorldMenu
>

> OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
> side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
> register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Sicherer, schneller und einfacher. Die aktuellen Internet-Browser -
> jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Re: [update 1.1] #11221

csrabak

 ITYM "Your work is really making the system *less* tangled." ;-)

Em 20/02/2010 06:30, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
Thanks alain
Your work is really making the system more tangled.
We are going in the right direction
 - no preferences bad class anymore
 - declarative menu world building
Excellent

On Feb 20, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Torsten Bergmann a écrit :
>> Issue 2014: delete class TheWorldMenu
>>

>> OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
>> side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
>> register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.
>>
>> Bye
>> T.
>>

> you just have to write a method like the following:
>
> RecentMessageSet class>>menuCommandOn: aBuilder
>
>        (aBuilder item: #'Recent Submissions')
>            action: [Utilities browseRecentSubmissions];
>            parent: #CodeRecoveringTools;
>            help: 'Browse your last methods submissions';
>            icon: self taskbarIcon
>
> See MenuRegistration comments for more informations about how to record
> your own menus.
>
> Cheers
> Alain

Re: [update 1.1] #11221