[update 1.1] #11296

Stéphane Ducasse
11296
-----

 Issue 2208: Preferences setting
        * range setting: bad widget height in the SettingBrowser
        * improve TimeProfiler (MorphTreeMorph example)
        * remove resurrected Preferences references

Re: [update 1.1] #11296

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> 11296
> -----
>
>  Issue 2208: Preferences setting
> * range setting: bad widget height in the SettingBrowser
> * improve TimeProfiler (MorphTreeMorph example)
Few words about that:
TimeProfiler is a improvement of the current TimeProfileBrowser.
just try it:
TimeProfiler new openOnBlock: [ 10 timesRepeat: [Transcript show: 'n'
asString, String cr]].
or simply
TimeProfiler new open
and then type-in the code you want to profile.

For now, it is in the Morphic-MorphTreeWidget-Examples sys cat,
maybe it can replace TimeProfileBrowser in the core.
what do you think ?

Cheers
Alain

Time profiler.png (117K) Download Attachment

Re: [update 1.1] #11296

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Mar 26, 2010, at 10:27 34AM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> 11296
>> -----
>>
>> Issue 2208: Preferences setting
>> * range setting: bad widget height in the SettingBrowser
>> * improve TimeProfiler (MorphTreeMorph example)
> Few words about that:
> TimeProfiler is a improvement of the current TimeProfileBrowser.
> just try it:
> TimeProfiler new openOnBlock: [ 10 timesRepeat: [Transcript show: 'n' asString, String cr]].
> or simply
> TimeProfiler new open
> and then type-in the code you want to profile.
>
> For now, it is in the Morphic-MorphTreeWidget-Examples sys cat,
> maybe it can replace TimeProfileBrowser in the core.
> what do you think ?
>
> Cheers
> Alain

Absolutely <3 it!
How about a Start profiling (Stop profiling when clicked) button as well, providing functionality equal to the Start profiling... options from the debug menu?

I'd replace it in a heartbeat already tbh, with that extra button, we could reduce it to a single entry for profiling in the debug menu :)

Cheers,
Henry

PS. Anyone know a better naming for "Start drawing again" ?
I always wondered how you are supposed to access that if you've stopped drawing, afaik it resets the drawError property of the World (aka. PasteUpMorph) so it starts drawing normally again instead of something crossed out red.
It is not done for submorphs, so it's not a convenient way of resetting all drawstates, do we really get drawErrors often enough in the PasteUpMorph itself to warrant this item??

Re: [update 1.1] #11296

gorgeous!

Stef

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> 11296
>> -----
>>
>> Issue 2208: Preferences setting
>> * range setting: bad widget height in the SettingBrowser
>> * improve TimeProfiler (MorphTreeMorph example)
> Few words about that:
> TimeProfiler is a improvement of the current TimeProfileBrowser.
> just try it:
> TimeProfiler new openOnBlock: [ 10 timesRepeat: [Transcript show: 'n' asString, String cr]].
> or simply
> TimeProfiler new open
> and then type-in the code you want to profile.
>
> For now, it is in the Morphic-MorphTreeWidget-Examples sys cat,
> maybe it can replace TimeProfileBrowser in the core.
> what do you think ?
>
> Cheers
> Alain
>

> <Time profiler.png>_______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list

Re: [update 1.1] #11296

Alexandre Bergel
Very nice!

Alexandre

On 26 Mar 2010, at 06:47, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> gorgeous!
>
> Stef
>
>> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>>> 11296
>>> -----
>>>
>>> Issue 2208: Preferences setting
>>> * range setting: bad widget height in the SettingBrowser
>>> * improve TimeProfiler (MorphTreeMorph example)
>> Few words about that:
>> TimeProfiler is a improvement of the current TimeProfileBrowser.
>> just try it:
>> TimeProfiler new openOnBlock: [ 10 timesRepeat: [Transcript show:
>> 'n' asString, String cr]].
>> or simply
>> TimeProfiler new open
>> and then type-in the code you want to profile.
>>
>> For now, it is in the Morphic-MorphTreeWidget-Examples sys cat,
>> maybe it can replace TimeProfileBrowser in the core.
>> what do you think ?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Alain
>>

>> <Time profiler.png>_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [update 1.1] #11296

> Absolutely <3 it!

DNU???

> How about a Start profiling (Stop profiling when clicked) button as well, providing functionality equal to the Start profiling... options from the debug menu?
>
> I'd replace it in a heartbeat already tbh, with that extra button, we could reduce it to a single entry for profiling in the debug menu :)

:)
We will have to think in terms of architecture and dependencies but it will be present.
Alain I think that it would be good to have it separated from MOMOexamples
and also that we get a MomoCore so that we get it into morphic.
Now is there an interest to keep nonMOMO trees?

On Mar 26, 2010, at 1:19 53PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> Absolutely <3 it!
>
> DNU???

<3 = Heart
As in, "I <3 Huckabees"

>> How about a Start profiling (Stop profiling when clicked) button as well, providing functionality equal to the Start profiling... options from the debug menu?
>>
>> I'd replace it in a heartbeat already tbh, with that extra button, we could reduce it to a single entry for profiling in the debug menu :)
>
> :)
> We will have to think in terms of architecture and dependencies but it will be present.
A few thoughts:
- MessageTally is the model. Ditch opening CodeHolders and crap as a result of calling spyAllOn: and friends, return the raw instance after collection.
- TimeProfile(r)(Browser) is the view. Convenience methods for opening browsers. Ditch constructing with report:cutoff; use the tally directly as model.
- Define the menu item in TimeProfiler class.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: [update 1.1] #11296

Alain Plantec-4
Henrik Johansen a écrit :
> A few thoughts:
> - MessageTally is the model. Ditch opening CodeHolders and crap as a result of calling spyAllOn: and friends, return the raw instance after collection.
> - TimeProfile(r)(Browser) is the view. Convenience methods for opening browsers. Ditch constructing with report:cutoff; use the tally directly as model.
> - Define the menu item in TimeProfiler class.

thanks for your feedbacks
Alain