[update 1.1] #11392

Marcus Denker-4
11392
-----

Issue 2533: GradientFillStyle cant change first and last color from halo menu
Issue 2207: Rotating text is broken

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.1] #11392

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Rotating text??  What is the correct way to do that?  I have found ways to rotate forms, but not text.  What am I missing?

Re: [update 1.1] #11392

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On Jun 11, 2010, at 4:22 43PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Rotating text??  What is the correct way to do that?  I have found ways to rotate forms, but not text.  What am I missing?

You can rotate any morph.
What's really happening is the morph (in this case a TextMorph) is displayed on a form, which is then rotated.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: [update 1.1] #11392

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I was afraid of that.  So how does text fail and presumably other forms are ok?  Perhaps when I learn how to print on Linux, I won't care, but for now, Squeak/Pharo's graphics appear to be poorly designed from a device-independence perspective.  Text handling is further weak in that it works on characters, not strings, and therefore cannot begin to cope with kerning.  Can anti-aliasing be correct if it does not account for rotation relative to the display medium?  Given Squeak's claimed focus on multimedia, it is surprisingly weak on such things.

Bill