[update 1.1] #11412

Marcus Denker-4
11412
-----

Issue 2912: Cog changes for 1.1.1
Issue 2896: Make sure system notifications for Smalltalk are up-to-date
Issue 2893: Network bugs

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Lukas Renggli
> Issue 2912:     Cog changes for 1.1.1

Cool, that means Cog works out of the box?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Marcus Denker-4

On Sep 5, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Issue 2912:     Cog changes for 1.1.1
>
> Cool, that means Cog works out of the box?

This are the changes that Moose uses... so yes, I think so. (did not test it yet, though).

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Henrik Sperre Johansen
A couple of issues that applies to 1.1.1 was marked as closed when they were integrated in 1.2, I reverted to fixed in case you are up for another round :)

Cheers,
Henry

Den 5. sep. 2010 kl. 16:34 skrev Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>:

> 11412
> -----
>
> Issue 2912:    Cog changes for 1.1.1
> Issue 2896:    Make sure system notifications for Smalltalk are up-to-date
> Issue 2893:    Network bugs
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Tudor Girba
Sounds cool. Will there be a Pharo 1.1.1 release?

Cheers,
Doru

On 5 Sep 2010, at 16:55, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>>> Issue 2912:     Cog changes for 1.1.1
>>
>> Cool, that means Cog works out of the box?
>>

> This are the changes that Moose uses... so yes, I think so. (did not
> test it yet, though).
>
> Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Marcus Denker-4

On Sep 5, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Sounds cool. Will there be a Pharo 1.1.1 release?

Yes, as soon as possible...

the idea is to first do a core with all the small things people found.
The idea here is to just collect what is fixed. Not fix more.
(there can always be a 1.1.2 later... no need to no do the next tiny thing)

Then do a 1.1 main image, here we can use the latest OB/RB from Lukas.
Another thing I think we should do it to not add the newInspector this time.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Schwab,Wilhelm K
+1    Please leave out the new inspector.  Inspectors should be simple, and the explorer does a nice job of presenting a recursive tree; that's enough IMHO.

One inspector change I did like was a port to Dolphin of VW's (???) "diving inspector."  Double clicking on items did not open a new inspector; it simply changed the model of the current inspector.  There was a context menu item to inspect which *did* open a new inspector, so nothing was lost and most of the time, it did exactly what was intended.

On Sep 5, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Sounds cool. Will there be a Pharo 1.1.1 release?

Yes, as soon as possible...

the idea is to first do a core with all the small things people found.
The idea here is to just collect what is fixed. Not fix more.
(there can always be a 1.1.2 later... no need to no do the next tiny thing)

Then do a 1.1 main image, here we can use the latest OB/RB from Lukas.
Another thing I think we should do it to not add the newInspector this time.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.1] #11412

Yes thanks because the system does not handle well the idea that a bug could be fixed in a brnach and not in another one.
Annoying becuse I spend time reading and reading the same all over.
Anyway Marcus should push 1.1.1 but not redo 1.2 :)

Stef