[update 1.2] #12012 broken

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Stef,

when I browse "HelpSystem-Core-StephaneDucasse.56.mcz"
using the Squeaksource web interface then the
#initWindow method in HelpBrowser looks like this:

  "rch/Pharo/Pharo/PharoHarvestingFixes/PharoCore-1.1-12008.2.image"

That's the cause for the broken update since the method
does not contain valid ST syntax.

Main question is how can this happen. It's the second time.
Did you restart with a fresh image after we had a similar
issue? We have to find out if it is a general release management
problem or just your local (maybe broken) setup.

Thx
T.

Re: [update 1.2] #12012 broken

Stéphane Ducasse
I always restart from a published image.
I will check and yes there is probably a bug somewhere in the source management.
I was recompiling the source but I stopped to do it
So I should systematically do it.

On Jun 23, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> when I browse "HelpSystem-Core-StephaneDucasse.56.mcz"
> using the Squeaksource web interface then the
> #initWindow method in HelpBrowser looks like this:
>
>  "rch/Pharo/Pharo/PharoHarvestingFixes/PharoCore-1.1-12008.2.image"
>
> That's the cause for the broken update since the method
> does not contain valid ST syntax.
>
> Main question is how can this happen. It's the second time.
> Did you restart with a fresh image after we had a similar
> issue? We have to find out if it is a general release management
> problem or just your local (maybe broken) setup.
>
> Thx
> T.

Re: [update 1.2] #12012 broken

We fixed this method and replace 12012
but indeed this is not clear where it comes from.
I think that we should take 12007 and try to load the code and see if we can reproduce it.