[update 1.2] #12080

Stéphane Ducasse
12080
-----

- Issue 1298: CrLfFileStream not properly initialized on Mac OS. Thanks Andrew Black and Carlo Teixeira.

Lot of conflicts on this one....

Re: [update 1.2] #12080

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> 12080
> -----
>
> - Issue 1298: CrLfFileStream not properly initialized on Mac OS. Thanks Andrew Black and Carlo Teixeira.

CrLFFileStream? That shouldn't be used anywhere. It was superseded by
MultiByteFileStream. In Squeak [CrLfFileStream new] will return a
MultiByteFileStream.

Levente

> Lot of conflicts on this one....
>
> Stef

Re: [update 1.2] #12080

Henrik Sperre Johansen
  On 03.08.2010 23:28, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> 12080
>> -----
>>
>> - Issue 1298:    CrLfFileStream not properly initialized on Mac OS.
>> Thanks Andrew Black and Carlo Teixeira.
>
> CrLFFileStream? That shouldn't be used anywhere. It was superseded by
> MultiByteFileStream. In Squeak [CrLfFileStream new] will return a
> MultiByteFileStream.
>

> Levente
Yes, in March this year the same was done in Pharo.
The issue was from october '09 though :)

Cheers,
Henry

Re: [update 1.2] #12080

Yes there is a substituteClass which delegate to Multi....
May be we should remove CrLFFileStream

On Aug 3, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> 12080
>> -----
>>
>> - Issue 1298: CrLfFileStream not properly initialized on Mac OS. Thanks Andrew Black and Carlo Teixeira.
>
> CrLFFileStream? That shouldn't be used anywhere. It was superseded by MultiByteFileStream. In Squeak [CrLfFileStream new] will return a MultiByteFileStream.
>

> Levente
>

>> Lot of conflicts on this one....
>>
>> Stef

Re: [update 1.2] #12080

Henrik Sperre Johansen
It's referenced directly by f.ex. VMMaker, so I wouldn't do that.

Cheers,
Henry

On Aug 4, 2010, at 11:40 49AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Yes there is a substituteClass which delegate to Multi....
> May be we should remove CrLFFileStream
>
> On Aug 3, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> 12080
>>> -----
>>>
>>> - Issue 1298: CrLfFileStream not properly initialized on Mac OS. Thanks Andrew Black and Carlo Teixeira.
>>
>> CrLFFileStream? That shouldn't be used anywhere. It was superseded by MultiByteFileStream. In Squeak [CrLfFileStream new] will return a MultiByteFileStream.
>>

>> Levente
>>

>>> Lot of conflicts on this one....
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: [update 1.2] #12080