[update 1.2] #12217

Marcus Denker-4
12217
-----

Issue 3164: Fix find and seach all source
Issue 1801: Rescue Sophie Undo framework
Issue 2797: MIMEDocument class >> #guessTypeFromName: results in MNU

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

tfleig
I am new to Pharo. This sounds like a change I would like to incorporate in my environment.

I assume 12217 is an identifier of something that might allow me to do this, but what? Is there a noob document I should have read?

Thanks,
TF

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
12217
-----

On Oct 27, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Tony Fleig wrote:

> I am new to Pharo. This sounds like a change I would like to incorporate in my environment.
>
> I assume 12217 is an identifier of something that might allow me to do this, but what? Is there a noob document I should have read?

12217 is the update number of version 1.2, which is the next unstable release. (To be beta end of the month).

Now if you want to cherry-pick a fix for your own development image (which I guess is based on 1.1),
the other numbers are more important.

The Issues are numbers of Google bug tracker entries.

        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list

(of course this just shows the open ones).

Of the three issues, just one makes sense in 1.1:  2797

there you find the code and description of the change.

> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Issue 3164:     Fix find and seach all source
> Issue 1801:     Rescue Sophie Undo framework
> Issue 2797:     MIMEDocument class >> #guessTypeFromName: results in MNU

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

Peter Hugosson-Miller
It might be worth mentioning that you can get *all* the updates applied at once by doing a "Software Update" from your current image. There's a menu item to do that, but I can't currently remember which menu it sits on. I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you.

Good luck!

Peter.

On 27 okt 2010, at 19:14, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Tony Fleig wrote:
>
>> I am new to Pharo. This sounds like a change I would like to incorporate in my environment.
>>
>> I assume 12217 is an identifier of something that might allow me to do this, but what? Is there a noob document I should have read?
>>
> 12217 is the update number of version 1.2, which is the next unstable release. (To be beta end of the month).
>
> Now if you want to cherry-pick a fix for your own development image (which I guess is based on 1.1),
> the other numbers are more important.
>
> The Issues are numbers of Google bug tracker entries.
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list
>
> (of course this just shows the open ones).
>
> Of the three issues, just one makes sense in 1.1:  2797

> there you find the code and description of the change.
>

>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Issue 3164:     Fix find and seach all source
>> Issue 1801:     Rescue Sophie Undo framework
>> Issue 2797:     MIMEDocument class >> #guessTypeFromName: results in MNU
>>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

tfleig
Thanks Marcus.

By reading the issue 2797, I can see what changes I need to make. I'm guessing there is no automated way to do this?

TF

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Oct 27, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Tony Fleig wrote:

> I am new to Pharo. This sounds like a change I would like to incorporate in my environment.
>
> I assume 12217 is an identifier of something that might allow me to do this, but what? Is there a noob document I should have read?

12217 is the update number of version 1.2, which is the next unstable release. (To be beta end of the month).

Now if you want to cherry-pick a fix for your own development image (which I guess is based on 1.1),
the other numbers are more important.

The Issues are numbers of Google bug tracker entries.

       http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list

(of course this just shows the open ones).

Of the three issues, just one makes sense in 1.1:  2797

there you find the code and description of the change.

> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Issue 3164:     Fix find and seach all source
> Issue 1801:     Rescue Sophie Undo framework
> Issue 2797:     MIMEDocument class >> #guessTypeFromName: results in MNU

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

tfleig
In my Pharo core image there is indeed a Software Update entry under System, but when I select it a window pops up that says "0 new update file(s) processed."

In my Seaside One-Click Image, there is no Software Update entry at all.

TF

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Peter Hugosson-Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
It might be worth mentioning that you can get *all* the updates applied at once by doing a "Software Update" from your current image. There's a menu item to do that, but I can't currently remember which menu it sits on. I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you.

Good luck!

Peter.

On 27 okt 2010, at 19:14, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Tony Fleig wrote:
>
>> I am new to Pharo. This sounds like a change I would like to incorporate in my environment.
>>
>> I assume 12217 is an identifier of something that might allow me to do this, but what? Is there a noob document I should have read?
>>
> 12217 is the update number of version 1.2, which is the next unstable release. (To be beta end of the month).
>
> Now if you want to cherry-pick a fix for your own development image (which I guess is based on 1.1),
> the other numbers are more important.
>
> The Issues are numbers of Google bug tracker entries.
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list
>
> (of course this just shows the open ones).
>
> Of the three issues, just one makes sense in 1.1:  2797

> there you find the code and description of the change.
>

>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Issue 3164:     Fix find and seach all source
>> Issue 1801:     Rescue Sophie Undo framework
>> Issue 2797:     MIMEDocument class >> #guessTypeFromName: results in MNU
>>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

johnmci

On 2010-10-27, at 1:28 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Issue 1801: Rescue Sophie Undo framework

Ya,

This btw worked really really well we could create a new Sophie book, do lots of editing, undo back to the initial
creation, redo back to the last change, even if things were "complicated"  The undo framework made it easy.

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

This is why we want it :)
I'm so sad to see sophie not taking more mindshare and got %^&*&^% by some not so nice bulgarian rich guys.
Politics.....
Stef

On Oct 27, 2010, at 8:01 PM, Tony Fleig wrote:

> In my Pharo core image there is indeed a Software Update entry under System, but when I select it a window pops up that says "0 new update file(s) processed."
>
> In my Seaside One-Click Image, there is no Software Update entry at all.

-> only core images can be updated. Reason: updates do not cover packages managed outside (e.g. OmniBrowser, OCompletion). Yet the
Core changes can make these packages not work anymore due to e.g. deprecation of code.

-> Core images only load the updates of their release. that is, a 1.1 image loads updates for 1.1.1, but not for 1.2.
Reason: You do not want to load experimental updates in a production system.

All of this is far from perfect and should be improved.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.2] #12217

tfleig
It may not be perfect, but it certainly helps to understand why its like it is.

Thanks,
TF