[update 1.2] #12297

Torsten Bergmann
Stef wrote:
>indeed igor this is nice.
>Doru may be you could take this change for your look?

Do you really think this orange is an improvement?
See attached comparision. Do we want to go back to colorfull
"toy" style a la Squeak?

UI always depends on personal style but we should
take care to keep it looking professional.

We should really hire a designer!

Bye
T.

compare.png (32K) Download Attachment

Re: [update 1.2] #12297

Stéphane Ducasse
For me I got blue when I applied the fix.

On Jan 13, 2011, at 10:45 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Stef wrote:
>> indeed igor this is nice.
>> Doru may be you could take this change for your look?
>
> Do you really think this orange is an improvement?
> See attached comparision. Do we want to go back to colorfull
> "toy" style a la Squeak?
>
> UI always depends on personal style but we should
> take care to keep it looking professional.
>
> We should really hire a designer!

do you have money?

S.

Re: [update 1.2] #12297

Tudor Girba
If you still see blue, you are not using GLMUITheme2. Probably you need to say:

GLMUITheme2 defaultSettings: nil.
GLMUITheme2 beCurrent.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

Re: [update 1.2] #12297

Igor Stasenko
On 13 January 2011 10:45, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Stef wrote:
>>indeed igor this is nice.
>>Doru may be you could take this change for your look?
>
> Do you really think this orange is an improvement?
> See attached comparision. Do we want to go back to colorfull
> "toy" style a la Squeak?

we're talking about changing single color, not introducing new colors.

And i really don't like the button highlighting in original glamorous theme..
pale blue to gray gradient makes me vomit, that's why i changed the
way how to indicate 'selected' button appearance,

and i think this is more coherent with Glamorous vision :)

> UI always depends on personal style but we should
> take care to keep it looking professional.
>
> We should really hire a designer!
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren und surfen!

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

GLMUITheme.png (42K) Download Attachment
GLMUITheme-Orange.png (42K) Download Attachment

Re: [update 1.2] #12297

Igor Stasenko
Here the 'fix' to orange theme..
i renamed the class and theme name

also i made an 'underline' highlighting a bit tinier.

In screenshot you see a text selection is grayed out.. This is
highlighting color of editor with inactive focus..
I think it should be different (imo it should use a pale modification
of theme's selection color, rather than plain gray).

Still, have no clue, what package name to use it..
Morphic-Themes
?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

GLMOrangeUITheme.st (4K) Download Attachment
TTGlyph.png (45K) Download Attachment

Re: [update 1.2] #12297

Geert Claes
Administrator
Igor Stasenko wrote
we're talking about changing single color, not introducing new colors.

And i really don't like the button highlighting in original glamorous theme..
pale blue to gray gradient makes me vomit, that's why i changed the way how to indicate 'selected' button appearance, and i think this is more coherent with Glamorous vision :)
I have 3 main remarks regarding the Glamourous(2) screenshots:
- buttons need to look more like buttons: maybe a slightly rounded edge?
- the "Instance/?/Class" group are not really a normal buttons: probably something along the lines of the "List/Day/Month"
- avoid using too many colours (a darker grey would probably be better than blue or orange)

If it was easier to customize themes, I would give it a go

GLMUIThemeIdeas.png

Re: [update 1.2] #12297

Alain Plantec-4
Le 13/01/2011 13:54, Igor Stasenko a écrit :
> Here the 'fix' to orange theme..
> i renamed the class and theme name
>
> also i made an 'underline' highlighting a bit tinier.
>
> In screenshot you see a text selection is grayed out.. This is
> highlighting color of editor with inactive focus..
> I think it should be different (imo it should use a pale modification
> of theme's selection color, rather than plain gray).
you can change it with
unfocusedSelectionColor and unfocusedSelectionColor: in ThemeSetting.
maybe change the default value in ThemeSetting>>unfocusedSelectionColor.
Cheers
Alain