[update 1.2] #12327

Stéphane Ducasse
12327
-----

- Issue 3482: InterimSoundMorph references to SketchMorph. Fixing the SoundService registration + making sure that it delegates to the registered sound system when available. After the Sound packages can be updated.

Marcus I published the other sounds fixes in the sound packages.
Now I do not know how the dev image is specified. May be the script should be changed to load the new packages versions I published.
Do you know where is this script?

Re: [update 1.2] #12327

Stéphane Ducasse
I rollbacked the changes since I got a dependency on archiveViewer (no idea why but I'm checking).

On Jan 30, 2011, at 9:58 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> 12327
> -----
>
> - Issue 3482: InterimSoundMorph references to SketchMorph. Fixing the SoundService registration + making sure that it delegates to the registered sound system when available. After the Sound packages can be updated.
>
> Marcus I published the other sounds fixes in the sound packages.
> Now I do not know how the dev image is specified. May be the script should be changed to load the new packages versions I published.
> Do you know where is this script?
>
> Stef

Re: [update 1.2] #12327

Stéphane Ducasse
republished.
Now waiting for hudson to see.

>> Marcus I published the other sounds fixes in the sound packages.
>> Now I do not know how the dev image is specified. May be the script should be changed to load the new packages versions I published.
>> Do you know where is this script?

Re: [update 1.2] #12327

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 30, 2011, at 10:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> republished.
> Now waiting for hudson to see.

I like automatic builds and tests!

I think it brings an improvement equal (or even larger) then using bug-tracking vs. not using it.

And if now somebody says: "Everyone uses a bug tracker": No, Squeak did not for many, many years. And when
it did, not many people looked at it... amazing now in retrospect.

We will say the same about continuous integration soon, especially when it encompasses
everything: VM build from source, *that* vm used to run tests, the resulting image and vm used to build the
artefact people download automatically, every time a commit happens.

And that for all supported plattforms, of course.

>>> Marcus I published the other sounds fixes in the sound packages.
>>> Now I do not know how the dev image is specified. May be the script should be changed to load the new packages versions I published.
>>> Do you know where is this script?

It uses the ConfigurationOfPharo

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
load.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.2] #12327

Stéphane Ducasse

> It uses the ConfigurationOfPharo
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
> load.

Ok I will have a look at it during a break of proposal writing

Re: [update 1.2] #12327

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 31, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> It uses the ConfigurationOfPharo
>>
>> Gofer new
>> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>> package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
>> load.
>
> Ok I will have a look at it during a break of proposal writing

We need to check how the 1.1 is build... I fear it loads the same config as 1.2 right now,
which it should not.

And the same for 1.3: it needs it's own config.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [update 1.2] #12327

laurent laffont
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jan 30, 2011, at 10:47 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> republished.
> Now waiting for hudson to see.

I like automatic builds and tests!

I think it brings an improvement equal (or even larger) then using bug-tracking vs. not using it.

And if now somebody says: "Everyone uses a bug tracker": No, Squeak did not for many, many years. And when
it did, not many people looked at it... amazing now in retrospect.

We will say the same about continuous integration soon, especially when it encompasses
everything: VM build from source, *that* vm used to run tests, the resulting image and vm used to build the
artefact people download automatically, every time a commit happens.

And that for all supported plattforms, of course.

CI is a big step forward. I can download last built and work instantaneously on the current failing tests. As a free-time contributor this is a HUGE gain of time.

It seems the current bottleneck in the process is patch integration on external packages (like OB). May be we can have a PharoPatchQueue repository so we can integrate patch that have passed QA but still not integrated in external packages.

Then I hope we'll see Lint Checks, list of non-commented classes, test coverage, automatic API doc :)

Laurent.