[update 1.4] #14314

Stéphane Ducasse

14314
-----

- Issue 5233: Support Semantic Source Links. Thanks Camillo Bruni.

Now when you press command while clicking on a class name you jump to the class :).
Same for the click on a method name and instance variable.

Pay attention that this change should really be changed on windows and linux. So please give us feedback.
Camillo will do a fix so that menu appears on click down versus click up.

Re: [update 1.4] #14314

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 05 Feb 2012, at 11:27, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> 14314
> -----
>
> - Issue 5233: Support Semantic Source Links. Thanks Camillo Bruni.
>
> Now when you press command while clicking on a class name you jump to the class :).
> Same for the click on a method name and instance variable.
>
> Pay attention that this change should really be changed on windows and linux. So please give us feedback.
> Camillo will do a fix so that menu appears on click down versus click up.

Yes ! This is a supercool feature, really. Thx !

One remark though: shouldn't there be any kind of feedback, like underlining the classname/methodname or a popup text ?

Sven

Re: [update 1.4] #14314

Camillo Bruni

On 2012-02-05, at 12:49, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 05 Feb 2012, at 11:27, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>

>> 14314
>> -----
>>
>> - Issue 5233: Support Semantic Source Links. Thanks Camillo Bruni.
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5233
>>
>> Now when you press command while clicking on a class name you jump to the class :).
>> Same for the click on a method name and instance variable.
>>
>> Pay attention that this change should really be changed on windows and linux. So please give us feedback.
>> Camillo will do a fix so that menu appears on click down versus click up.
>
> Yes ! This is a supercool feature, really. Thx !
>
> One remark though: shouldn't there be any kind of feedback, like underlining the classname/methodname or a popup text ?
>
> Sven

TODO:

- there should be :D (I imagine it exactly like in eclipse, cmd-key pressed => underline all links and display a hand cursor onOver)
- telling morphic to do highlighting is a different story |-(
- right now you only get onDrag events in – although named onMove – I guess I will have to hack a bit :)
- right-click menus should start working again (they're currently slightly broken)
- we should have refactoring menus in there (rename instVar/args, push instvar...)

cami

Re: [update 1.4] #14314

Mariano Martinez Peck

On 2012-02-05, at 12:49, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 05 Feb 2012, at 11:27, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>

>> 14314
>> -----
>>
>> - Issue 5233:        Support Semantic Source Links. Thanks Camillo Bruni.
>>      http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=5233
>>
>> Now when you press command while clicking on a class name you jump to the class :).
>> Same for the click on a method name and instance variable.
>>
>> Pay attention that this change should really be changed on windows and linux. So please give us feedback.
>> Camillo will do a fix so that menu appears on click down versus click up.
>
> Yes ! This is a supercool feature, really. Thx !
>
> One remark though: shouldn't there be any kind of feedback, like underlining the classname/methodname or a popup text ?
>
> Sven

TODO:

- there should be :D (I imagine it exactly like in eclipse, cmd-key pressed => underline all links and display a hand cursor onOver)

that would be awesome :)

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [update 1.4] #14314

Lukas Renggli
> - there should be :D (I imagine it exactly like in eclipse, cmd-key pressed => underline all links and display a hand cursor onOver)
> - telling morphic to do highlighting is a different story |-(
> - right now you only get onDrag events in – although named onMove – I guess I will have to hack a bit :)
> - right-click menus should start working again (they're currently slightly broken)
> - we should have refactoring menus in there (rename instVar/args, push instvar...)

Most of these things have been done in Helvetia.

The next most useful thing after code navigation was on-the-fly Code
Critics with the yellow wiggly underlines and Ctrl+1 instant-fix.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [update 1.4] #14314

Camillo Bruni

On 2012-02-06, at 10:43, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> - there should be :D (I imagine it exactly like in eclipse, cmd-key pressed => underline all links and display a hand cursor onOver)
>> - telling morphic to do highlighting is a different story |-(
>> - right now you only get onDrag events in – although named onMove – I guess I will have to hack a bit :)
>> - right-click menus should start working again (they're currently slightly broken)
>> - we should have refactoring menus in there (rename instVar/args, push instvar...)
>
> Most of these things have been done in Helvetia.
>
> The next most useful thing after code navigation was on-the-fly Code
> Critics with the yellow wiggly underlines and Ctrl+1 instant-fix.

indeed that sounds cool :)