[update] 10472

Adrian Lienhard
Issue 1310: Make all tests green (not complete yet)
- Remove class MethodHighlightingTests
- ParseNode removeSelector: #addCommentToMorph:
- Fix SelfEvaluatingObjectTest>>testArray ({1 + 0 . 1 @ 2 . 3}' prints
'{1. 1@2. 3})
- Remove method CompiledMethod>>primitiveNode as it is not used anymore
- Fix toolbuilder tests (sort of)
- Fix Decompiler>>decompileBlock: (regression of closure fixes). This
makes BlockContextTest>>testDecompile pass again
- Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
of code simulation
Issue 1308: FixedIdentitySet = fails when compared with an integer

Re: [update] 10472

Michael Roberts-2
Hi Adrian
is method highlighting test broken or bogus? Was there a reason to not
mark it expected failure?

Thanks
mike

On Saturday, October 17, 2009, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Issue 1310:     Make all tests green (not complete yet)
> - Remove class MethodHighlightingTests
> - ParseNode removeSelector: #addCommentToMorph:
> - Fix SelfEvaluatingObjectTest>>testArray ({1 + 0 . 1 @ 2 . 3}' prints
> '{1. 1@2. 3})
> - Remove method CompiledMethod>>primitiveNode as it is not used anymore
> - Fix toolbuilder tests (sort of)
> - Fix Decompiler>>decompileBlock: (regression of closure fixes). This
> makes BlockContextTest>>testDecompile pass again
> - Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
> of code simulation
> Issue 1308:     FixedIdentitySet = fails when compared with an integer

Re: [update] 10472

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Mike

Thanks for asking. I removed it because I had the impression it
depends on the class XMLWriter that is not in the image. Looking at it
again, I see that this is just example code to run the test on. If I
change XMLWriter to Object the test run green. I will add it again.

Issue 1317: Add MethodHighlightingTests back

Adrian

On Oct 17, 2009, at 11:47 , Michael Roberts wrote:

> Hi Adrian
> is method highlighting test broken or bogus? Was there a reason to not
> mark it expected failure?
>
> Thanks
> mike
>
> On Saturday, October 17, 2009, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Issue 1310:     Make all tests green (not complete yet)
>> - Remove class MethodHighlightingTests
>> - ParseNode removeSelector: #addCommentToMorph:
>> - Fix SelfEvaluatingObjectTest>>testArray ({1 + 0 . 1 @ 2 . 3}'
>> prints
>> '{1. 1@2. 3})
>> - Remove method CompiledMethod>>primitiveNode as it is not used
>> anymore
>> - Fix toolbuilder tests (sort of)
>> - Fix Decompiler>>decompileBlock: (regression of closure fixes). This
>> makes BlockContextTest>>testDecompile pass again
>> - Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
>> of code simulation
>> Issue 1308:     FixedIdentitySet = fails when compared with an
>> integer

Re: [update] 10472

Michael Roberts-2
cool
Mike

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> Thanks for asking. I removed it because I had the impression it
> depends on the class XMLWriter that is not in the image. Looking at it
> again, I see that this is just example code to run the test on. If I
> change XMLWriter to Object the test run green. I will add it again.
>
> Issue 1317: Add MethodHighlightingTests back
>
> Adrian
>
> On Oct 17, 2009, at 11:47 , Michael Roberts wrote:
>
>> Hi Adrian
>> is method highlighting test broken or bogus? Was there a reason to not
>> mark it expected failure?
>>
>> Thanks
>> mike
>>
>> On Saturday, October 17, 2009, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Issue 1310:     Make all tests green (not complete yet)
>>> - Remove class MethodHighlightingTests
>>> - ParseNode removeSelector: #addCommentToMorph:
>>> - Fix SelfEvaluatingObjectTest>>testArray ({1 + 0 . 1 @ 2 . 3}'
>>> prints
>>> '{1. 1@2. 3})
>>> - Remove method CompiledMethod>>primitiveNode as it is not used
>>> anymore
>>> - Fix toolbuilder tests (sort of)
>>> - Fix Decompiler>>decompileBlock: (regression of closure fixes). This
>>> makes BlockContextTest>>testDecompile pass again
>>> - Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
>>> of code simulation
>>> Issue 1308:     FixedIdentitySet = fails when compared with an
>>> integer

Re: [update] 10472

Mariano Martinez Peck

- Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
of code simulation

Adrian: In 10515 this test sometime fails, but then running it again, it works :(

Re: [update] 10472

Stéphane Ducasse
remove it!

Stef

On Mar 19, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> - Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
> of code simulation
>

> Adrian: In 10515 this test sometime fails, but then running it again, it works :(

Re: [update] 10472

johnmci
Careful, does anyone understand why it works, then why it fails.
Is it because the environment changes? Or some subtle issue in blocks?
Removing it because it fails doesn't seem like a useful criteria if it's attempted to give us a clue?

On 2010-03-19, at 12:41 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> remove it!
>
> Stef
>
> On Mar 19, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> - Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
>> of code simulation
>>

>> Adrian: In 10515 this test sometime fails, but then running it again, it works :(

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [update] 10472

Eliot Miranda-2
John is right.  This is an important test.  In my work image it works fine.  That it fails in Pharo is indicative of some problem with the execution simulation machinery and closures. You're missing some changes.

BTW, in my image the class is BlockTest (see attached)

On 2010-03-19, at 12:41 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> remove it!
>
> Stef
>
> On Mar 19, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> - Make BlockContextTest>>testTrace run by commenting out broken part
>> of code simulation
>>

>> Adrian: In 10515 this test sometime fails, but then running it again, it works :(

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

BlockTest.st (17K) Download Attachment

Re: [update] 10472

Stéphane Ducasse

Ok thanks
but so far this is more than three months that we are in RC and nothing special happened.
so this is not a show stopper bug? No?

Then when I run it multiple times it is always green. Mariano What do you get when the test is red?

in 1.1 this is renamed BlockClosureTest and they are all green
even when run multiple times

@ elliot
        methodNodeFormattedAndDecorated: is not found in Pharo1.0 and 1.1

else all the tests are green even when run multiple times.

Stef