[update 2.0] #20619

EstebanLM
20619
-----

11209 backport 2.0: Add RPackageSet cache
        https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11209

The speedup on loading MC packages is 3x or more, so I though it is a crime not to make it available immediately,  since there is no bug reports in all our tests and usages.
Thanks Thierry for the backport!

Diff information:
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Pharo20/RPackage-Core-EstebanLorenzano.218.diff
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Pharo20/Monticello-EstebanLorenzano.784.diff
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Pharo20/Metacello-Platform.pharo20-EstebanLorenzano.31.diff

Re: [update 2.0] #20619

Goubier Thierry
Thanks Esteban :)

Thierry

Re: [update 2.0] #20619

MartinW
Goubier Thierry wrote
Thanks Esteban :)

The speedup on loading MC packages is 3x or more, so I though it is a crime not to make it available immediately,  since there is no bug reports in all our tests and usages.
Thanks Thierry for the backport!
Yes, thank you both! While i haven't measured anything it feels MUCH faster when i load extensive configurations.

Re: [update 2.0] #20619

Mariano Martinez Peck
Yes, super cool!

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:10 AM, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:
Goubier Thierry wrote
> Thanks Esteban :)
>
> The speedup on loading MC packages is 3x or more, so I though it is a
> crime not to make it available immediately,  since there is no bug reports
> in all our tests and usages.
> Thanks Thierry for the backport!

Yes, thank you both! While i haven't measured anything it feels MUCH faster
when i load extensive configurations.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [update 2.0] #20619

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 24 Aug 2013, at 18:29, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, super cool!

Yeah, pure magic !