[update 3.0] #30014

Marcus Denker-4

Re: [update 3.0] #30014

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 27 Mar 2013, at 08:25, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 7465 version printing command line needs modifiers
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/7465

Cool. I was already thinking about this.

Could we not further extend #printVersion with
 - an option to print the VM version (through the image)
 - an option to print the loaded versions of all installed packages
?

Also, the we could not extend the #config option with a --trace to print what is interactively printed on the Transcript, and then also the final result of the load operation ?

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: [update 3.0] #30014

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2013-03-27, at 09:17, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2013, at 08:25, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 7465 version printing command line needs modifiers
>> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/7465
>
> Cool. I was already thinking about this.
>
> Could we not further extend #printVersion with
> - an option to print the VM version (through the image)
> - an option to print the loaded versions of all installed packages

why not? :) there is already the --version switch which is a bit a strange
combo of everything ;)

> Also, the we could not extend the #config option with a --trace to print what is interactively printed on the Transcript, and then also the final result of the load operation ?

I guess we should do that :), I almost implemented that once
since I hate not knowing what's going on.