updateOperation part execute and cancel

vinref

Hi

I have a form with two-way connections to an 'updateOperation' variable holding an instance from an ObjectFactory. The attributes are all String instances.

A "Save" button clicked event is connected to the #execute of the updateOperation and a "Cancel" button clicked event is connected to the #cancel of the updateOperation. The #self attribute of the updateOperation is promoted.

Testing it shows that values are written to the updateOperation variable even if I press "Cancel".

What am I missing?

Vince

Re: updateOperation part execute and cancel

Marcus Wagner
Hi Vince,

I assume you expect support to "roll back" changes of attributes upon cancelling.
Are you missing to apply the deferred update part
https://www.instantiations.com/vast-support/documentation/1000/index.html#page/bh/vahelp158.html ?

Marcus

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 6:44:00 AM UTC+2 [hidden email] wrote:

Hi

I have a form with two-way connections to an 'updateOperation' variable holding an instance from an ObjectFactory. The attributes are all String instances.

A "Save" button clicked event is connected to the #execute of the updateOperation and a "Cancel" button clicked event is connected to the #cancel of the updateOperation. The #self attribute of the updateOperation is promoted.

Testing it shows that values are written to the updateOperation variable even if I press "Cancel".

What am I missing?

Vince

Re: updateOperation part execute and cancel

vinref
Hi Marcus

Yes, I am using it to buffer the changes until they are written when the user hits 'Save' or discarded when the user hits 'Cancel'. I am following this help page: https://www.instantiations.com/vast-support/documentation/1000/index.html#page/ug/vaug367.html.

I do remember tearing off a deferred update part and getting that to work, but I was curious about the updateOperation, which is vaguely similar to the 'aspectBuffer' in Dolphin Smalltalk that I use.

Vince