updating glamour questions

EstebanLM
Hi,
I'm having a problem updating labels with glamour.
I explain:

I have a browser with a "status line" at the bottom, something like this:

        browser := GLMTabulator new
                row: #itemDetail;
                row: #summary size: 18;
                yourself.

then, on #summary:

        browser transmit
                to: #summary;
                andShow: [ :presenter |
                        presenter label
                                updateOn: AnAnnouncement from: [self announcer ];
                                display: [ self summary ] ].

but the summary is never updated :(
I'm doing something wrong, or this is a bug? (if I change #label for #text, it is updated properly).

Also... dynamicActions shouldn't  be updated, on a presentation update? Now I'm using some "status buttons" (it changes an overlay depending on status), and of course, I would like to update it when something changes... how can I do that?

best,
Esteban

Re: updating glamour questions

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On 10 Jun 2011, at 16:44, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having a problem updating labels with glamour.
> I explain:
>
> I have a browser with a "status line" at the bottom, something like this:
>
> browser := GLMTabulator new
> row: #itemDetail;
> row: #summary size: 18;
> yourself.
>
> then, on #summary:
>
> browser transmit
> to: #summary;
> andShow: [ :presenter |
> presenter label
> updateOn: AnAnnouncement from: [self announcer ];
> display: [ self summary ] ].
>
> but the summary is never updated :(
> I'm doing something wrong, or this is a bug? (if I change #label for #text, it is updated properly).

It looks like the rendering for labels do not treat announcements :). Please open a bug and I will look into it.

> Also... dynamicActions shouldn't  be updated, on a presentation update? Now I'm using some "status buttons" (it changes an overlay depending on status), and of course, I would like to update it when something changes... how can I do that?

They should be. Please provide an example to check.

Cheers,
Doru

> best,
> Esteban

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: updating glamour questions

EstebanLM
Hi Tudor,
I filled a ticket for the label problem: http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=651
Also, I'm attaching the easiest browser I could create to show the update is not updating dynamic actions.

Now, I'm trying to catch another problem I found: looks like at some conditions, with a tree presentation updating a list presentation, the list update is called a lot of times, and I don't know why (I'm catching this, I'll let you know in detail as soon as I have concrete information).

best,
Esteban

El 10/06/2011, a las 12:40p.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

[...]

UpdateTestBrowser.st (2K) Download Attachment