upgrade from 4.x to 5?

ar-2
What will be the upgrade price to 5.0 for someone purchasing 4.x full version
today?

Re: upgrade from 4.x to 5?

Andy Bower
AR,

> What will be the upgrade price to 5.0 for someone purchasing 4.x full
version
> today?

It's not yet defined. However, for those who purchase 4.0 within 30 days of
the 5.0 release date the upgrade will be free of charge. And, before you
ask, we don't yet have a definitive date for the 5.0 release.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: upgrade from 4.x to 5?

ar-2
Andy,

If either one of those variables (release date, upgrade price) were defined it
would make it possible to make a more informed purchase decision on 4.0 now.

As it is, if I buy 4.0 today and 5.0 comes out Feb 2, that decision costs me
an unknown quantity in order to get to 5.0. On the basis of the 3.0 to 4.0
value edition upgrade discount (25%) or 3.0 loaded to 4.0 pro (52%) discount
that could be upwards of a usd200 swing for using 4.0 for an unknown amount of
time eg as little as 31 days. (assuming my math is correct, big assumption)

It would be nice to hear at least a set date after which a new purchase of 4.0
has a free upgrade to 5.0.

regards,
alan

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:51:29 -0000, "Andy Bower" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>AR,
>
>> What will be the upgrade price to 5.0 for someone purchasing 4.x full
>version
>> today?
>
>It's not yet defined. However, for those who purchase 4.0 within 30 days of
>the 5.0 release date the upgrade will be free of charge. And, before you
>ask, we don't yet have a definitive date for the 5.0 release.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Andy Bower
>Dolphin Support
>http://www.object-arts.com
>---
>Are you trying too hard?
>http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
>---

Re: upgrade from 4.x to 5?

Ravi
Andy,
I'm exactly in the same situation as AR. Being in a tight budget, I'm
trying not to get more grey hair on whether I should get 4.0 Pro now
or wait for 5.0 and risk delaying delivery of software to my customer.

Please help us.. :-C

Regards,
Ravi

ar <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...

> Andy,
>
> If either one of those variables (release date, upgrade price) were defined it
> would make it possible to make a more informed purchase decision on 4.0 now.
>
> As it is, if I buy 4.0 today and 5.0 comes out Feb 2, that decision costs me
> an unknown quantity in order to get to 5.0. On the basis of the 3.0 to 4.0
> value edition upgrade discount (25%) or 3.0 loaded to 4.0 pro (52%) discount
> that could be upwards of a usd200 swing for using 4.0 for an unknown amount of
> time eg as little as 31 days. (assuming my math is correct, big assumption)
>
> It would be nice to hear at least a set date after which a new purchase of 4.0
> has a free upgrade to 5.0.
>
> regards,
> alan
>

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:51:29 -0000, "Andy Bower" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >AR,
> >
> >> What will be the upgrade price to 5.0 for someone purchasing 4.x full
>  version
> >> today?
> >
> >It's not yet defined. However, for those who purchase 4.0 within 30 days of
> >the 5.0 release date the upgrade will be free of charge. And, before you
> >ask, we don't yet have a definitive date for the 5.0 release.
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >
> >Andy Bower
> >Dolphin Support
> >http://www.object-arts.com
> >---
> >Are you trying too hard?
> >http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
> >---

Re: upgrade from 4.x to 5?

Andy Bower
Ravi,

Please see my post entitled [ANN] Upgrade Policy for Dolphin 5.0.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com