upgrades report...continued...success

NorbertHartl
While I'm not getting tired bothering you here my next report.

What I did to port my pier based project from GS 2.3.1/seaside 2.8/pier 1.2 to GS 2.4.4.1/seaside 3/pier 2:

- copied 2.3.1 exend into a 2.4.4.1 installation
- upgraded image (upgradeImage, upgradeSeasideImage)
- as in one of the last mails described I bootstrapped a fresh user
- updated user to GLASS 1.0-beta.8.1
- installed seaside 3.0 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load)
- installed pier2 (ConfigurationOfPier2 project latestVersion load)
- installed Pier-Setup (ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2 project latestVersion load: 'Pier-Setup')
- exported pier kernel from 2.3.1 basically with

| stream utf8stream |
stream := GsFile openWriteOnServer: (directory fullNameFor: '[path to file]').
utf8stream := UTF8WriteStream onByteStream: stream.
(PRKernel instanceNamed: '[instance name]') sixxOn: utf8stream.
stream flush

- changed SpFileStream to set my own GsFile underlying stream
- changed GRUtf8CodecStream to interpret stream>>next as byte
- imported pier kernel to 2.4.x (I'll release the exporter-importer the next days)
- fixed encoding setting in WAServerAdaptor>>defaultCodec to use GRUtf8GemStoneCodec
- edited every environment in the pier kernel and enclosed every raw html snippet with {{{ ... }}}

At first sight everything looks fine. Hope this is still interesting :)

Norbert

Re: upgrades report...continued...success

NorbertHartl
Ah, well,

dates are all 1910 instead of 2010 now. Wasn't there a fix for the interpretation of which year "10" is supposed to be?

Norbert

On 03.08.2010, at 09:43, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> While I'm not getting tired bothering you here my next report.
>
> What I did to port my pier based project from GS 2.3.1/seaside 2.8/pier 1.2 to GS 2.4.4.1/seaside 3/pier 2:
>
> - copied 2.3.1 exend into a 2.4.4.1 installation
> - upgraded image (upgradeImage, upgradeSeasideImage)
> - as in one of the last mails described I bootstrapped a fresh user
> - updated user to GLASS 1.0-beta.8.1
> - installed seaside 3.0 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load)
> - installed pier2 (ConfigurationOfPier2 project latestVersion load)
> - installed Pier-Setup (ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2 project latestVersion load: 'Pier-Setup')
> - exported pier kernel from 2.3.1 basically with
>
> | stream utf8stream |
> stream := GsFile openWriteOnServer: (directory fullNameFor: '[path to file]').
> utf8stream := UTF8WriteStream onByteStream: stream.
> (PRKernel instanceNamed: '[instance name]') sixxOn: utf8stream.
> stream flush
>
> - changed SpFileStream to set my own GsFile underlying stream
> - changed GRUtf8CodecStream to interpret stream>>next as byte
> - imported pier kernel to 2.4.x (I'll release the exporter-importer the next days)
> - fixed encoding setting in WAServerAdaptor>>defaultCodec to use GRUtf8GemStoneCodec
> - edited every environment in the pier kernel and enclosed every raw html snippet with {{{ ... }}}
>
> At first sight everything looks fine. Hope this is still interesting :)
>
> Norbert

Re: upgrades report...continued...success

Dale Henrichs
I assume that this might be a carryover from a bug in the version you
ported from ... instances of timestap got created as 1910, but printed
as "10", so the error wasn't obvious. In the later versions the
timestamp printing got changed to print the full year to avoid these
kinds of mistakes ... and are now apparently revealing the original
problem...

Dale

Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Ah, well,
>
> dates are all 1910 instead of 2010 now. Wasn't there a fix for the interpretation of which year "10" is supposed to be?
>
> Norbert
>
> On 03.08.2010, at 09:43, Norbert Hartl wrote:
>
>> While I'm not getting tired bothering you here my next report.
>>
>> What I did to port my pier based project from GS 2.3.1/seaside 2.8/pier 1.2 to GS 2.4.4.1/seaside 3/pier 2:
>>
>> - copied 2.3.1 exend into a 2.4.4.1 installation
>> - upgraded image (upgradeImage, upgradeSeasideImage)
>> - as in one of the last mails described I bootstrapped a fresh user
>> - updated user to GLASS 1.0-beta.8.1
>> - installed seaside 3.0 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load)
>> - installed pier2 (ConfigurationOfPier2 project latestVersion load)
>> - installed Pier-Setup (ConfigurationOfPierAddOns2 project latestVersion load: 'Pier-Setup')
>> - exported pier kernel from 2.3.1 basically with
>>
>> | stream utf8stream |
>> stream := GsFile openWriteOnServer: (directory fullNameFor: '[path to file]').
>> utf8stream := UTF8WriteStream onByteStream: stream.
>> (PRKernel instanceNamed: '[instance name]') sixxOn: utf8stream.
>> stream flush
>>
>> - changed SpFileStream to set my own GsFile underlying stream
>> - changed GRUtf8CodecStream to interpret stream>>next as byte
>> - imported pier kernel to 2.4.x (I'll release the exporter-importer the next days)
>> - fixed encoding setting in WAServerAdaptor>>defaultCodec to use GRUtf8GemStoneCodec
>> - edited every environment in the pier kernel and enclosed every raw html snippet with {{{ ... }}}
>>
>> At first sight everything looks fine. Hope this is still interesting :)
>>
>> Norbert

Re: upgrades report...continued...success

NorbertHartl
Yes, I think you are right. A visitor will ease the pain :)

thank,

Norbert