use of ProxyVia Block

Brad Fuller
In Ramon's blog, he uses "ProxyVia Block" in his virtual server. Can you
tell me why this is so? Is it needed? Speeds up bits? What? (the apache
doc didn't give me a good practical understanding)

Thanks!
brad

--
brad fuller
  http://www.Sonaural.com/

RE: use of ProxyVia Block

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I can't think of any special reason for it, we don't use it here, but
you most certainly want to have "ProxyPreserveHost On",

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: use of ProxyVia Block

Lukas Renggli
> In Ramon's blog, he uses "ProxyVia Block" in his virtual server. Can you
> tell me why this is so? Is it needed? Speeds up bits? What? (the apache
> doc didn't give me a good practical understanding)

I think the "ProxyVia Block" does not hurt. I don't fully understand
why, but it seems to avoids some configuration traps where somebody
could misuse your server as an anonymous proxy.

Cheers,
Lukas

> Thanks!
> brad