value links in the latest pier

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am slowly migrating to Pier2 and I stumbled across a slight difference in the way value links work. In particular, I have the following issues:

- +>value:structure+ used to display the title of the current structure, but now it embeds the complete structure. I played with different variations of specifying a title attribute (e.g., +value:structure|title+) but it did not work
- +value:children|link+ used to display a link to all the children, but now it simply embeds all children

I tried to debug these issues, but I did not manage to understand what is wrong. Am I using it in an obsolete way, or is this a bug?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: value links in the latest pier

NorbertHartl

Am 23.05.2011 um 14:45 schrieb Tudor Girba:

> Hi,
>
> I am slowly migrating to Pier2 and I stumbled across a slight difference in the way value links work. In particular, I have the following issues:
>
> - +>value:structure+ used to display the title of the current structure, but now it embeds the complete structure. I played with different variations of specifying a title attribute (e.g., +value:structure|title+) but it did not work
> - +value:children|link+ used to display a link to all the children, but now it simply embeds all children
>
> I tried to debug these issues, but I did not manage to understand what is wrong. Am I using it in an obsolete way, or is this a bug?

The answer is just to obvious to be found :)

Try exchanging + with * which is linked instead of embedded.

Norbert

Re: value links in the latest pier

Reza Razavi
Doru,

I'm using those value links in my distributions.
They behave as expected in both cases.

Reza

At 14:45 23/05/2011, Tudor Girba wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am slowly migrating to Pier2 and I stumbled across a slight
>difference in the way value links work. In particular, I have the
>following issues:
>
>- +>value:structure+ used to display the title of the current
>structure, but now it embeds the complete structure. I played with
>different variations of specifying a title attribute (e.g.,
>+value:structure|title+) but it did not work
>- +value:children|link+ used to display a link to all the children,
>but now it simply embeds all children
>
>I tried to debug these issues, but I did not manage to understand
>what is wrong. Am I using it in an obsolete way, or is this a bug?
>
>Cheers,
>Doru
>

>--
>www.tudorgirba.com
>
>"Yesterday is a fact.
>  Tomorrow is a possibility.
>  Today is a challenge."

Re: value links in the latest pier

Tudor Girba-2

Thanks :). Indeed, it works.

Does that mean that basically value links work only with * from now on?

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 May 2011, at 15:23, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Am 23.05.2011 um 14:45 schrieb Tudor Girba:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am slowly migrating to Pier2 and I stumbled across a slight difference in the way value links work. In particular, I have the following issues:
>>
>> - +>value:structure+ used to display the title of the current structure, but now it embeds the complete structure. I played with different variations of specifying a title attribute (e.g., +value:structure|title+) but it did not work
>> - +value:children|link+ used to display a link to all the children, but now it simply embeds all children
>>
>> I tried to debug these issues, but I did not manage to understand what is wrong. Am I using it in an obsolete way, or is this a bug?
>>
> The answer is just to obvious to be found :)
>
> Try exchanging + with * which is linked instead of embedded.
>
> Norbert

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: value links in the latest pier

Lukas Renggli
No, value links work with * and with + now, and do what other links do
too. We implemented that together last time we worked on Pier at your
place :-)

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: value links in the latest pier

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

This is what I remembered as well. But, the thing is that + does not seem to work anymore with parameters.

Cheers,
Doru