various

Nicholas Moore
Hi Janko,

I have made a few minor changes that I want to share with you and are
included in the attached file:

1)   I wanted to use a different cookie for each site that may be in an
image, so have modified two methods to use 'cookieName':
HTTPRequest-idFromCookie: aCookieName and  the sender:
WebSessionManager-findOrMakeSessionFor: aRequest

2)   Swazoo 2.0 needed a couple of slight changes for my image to work:
Number-asString and SwazooServer class-isPersistent were necessary.

3)    W3C considers that it is now mandatory to have an alt statement
associated with each image so I changed:
WebImage-printHTMLPageOnforSession to include alt=''.

4)    I have created a small WebForum application (based on your
WebDiscussion app), which you might like to see:
WebForum.

I also have a question. How do you get the RichEditor to work? I have
installed tinyMCE, but I have not been able to figure out how to invoke
it. Did you create some methods within the image, or call it from the
outside?

Otherwise all is well, and I am enjoying 5.4.

Kind regards

Nicholas

--

*Nicholas J Moore*
www.c4cnc.org

> I have made a few minor changes that I want to share with you and are
> included in the attached file:
>
> 1)   I wanted to use a different cookie for each site that may be in an
> image, so have modified two methods to use 'cookieName':
> HTTPRequest-idFromCookie: aCookieName and  the sender:
> WebSessionManager-findOrMakeSessionFor: aRequest

Just curious, would you explain a bit more the reasons for having
different cookies for each site?

> 2)   Swazoo 2.0 needed a couple of slight changes for my image to work:
> Number-asString and SwazooServer class-isPersistent were necessary.

You can safely throw out that #isPersistent because it is a relict of
the past and it doesn't serve anything.

> 3)    W3C considers that it is now mandatory to have an alt statement
> associated with each image so I changed:
> WebImage-printHTMLPageOnforSession to include alt=''.

Good, by the way, did you try to validate Aida's webpages? How standard
compliant we are?

> 4)    I have created a small WebForum application (based on your
> WebDiscussion app), which you might like to see:
> WebForum.

That's the same as on your page? It looks better and existing
WebDicussions really need a replacement anyway. Are you planing to
separate design to CSS too? This would be fine to do. Later then we can
change forum look just by changing its CSS.

> I also have a question. How do you get the RichEditor to work? I have
> installed tinyMCE, but I have not been able to figure out how to invoke
> it. Did you create some methods within the image, or call it from the
> outside?

See http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html for installation and
configuration instructions. Also don't forget to change home directory
in Settings to .\ if you are on Windows.

> Otherwise all is well, and I am enjoying 5.4.

Nice to hear that!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

various

Nicholas Moore

Janko Miv?ek wrote:

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Nicholas Moore wrote:
>

>> I have made a few minor changes that I want to share with you and are
>> included in the attached file:
>>
>> 1)   I wanted to use a different cookie for each site that may be in an
>> image, so have modified two methods to use 'cookieName':
>> HTTPRequest-idFromCookie: aCookieName and  the sender:
>> WebSessionManager-findOrMakeSessionFor: aRequest
>>

> Just curious, would you explain a bit more the reasons for having
> different cookies for each site?

 I am not exactly sure how I will use different cookies yet (an example
of 'structured vagueness', one of my favourite design principals :-))
)., but I prefer to have the flexibility built in from the beginning in
case a compelling reason comes along later.

>> 2)   Swazoo 2.0 needed a couple of slight changes for my image to work:
>> Number-asString and SwazooServer class-isPersistent were necessary.
>>

> You can safely throw out that #isPersistent because it is a relict of
> the past and it doesn't serve anything.

I will change WebIndex so that it does not send 'isPersistent'.
>> 3)    W3C considers that it is now mandatory to have an alt statement
>> associated with each image so I changed:
>> WebImage-printHTMLPageOnforSession to include alt=''.
>>

> Good, by the way, did you try to validate Aida's webpages? How standard
> compliant we are?

Yes. There is a great browser for checking w3c conformance at:
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/. I only found a few CSS errors when I looked at
your aidaweb.si  site. The parsing error tool showed this (which is
pretty much what I get for my c4cnc.org site):

*** Errors/warnings in http://www.aidaweb.si/screen.css
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing: 2px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing-left: 0px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing-right: 0px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing: 2px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing-left: 0px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing-right: 0px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing: 2px"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing: 2px"
  line 1: top value "80"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing: 2px"
  line 1: Display value not supported "in-line"
  line 1: Display value not supported "in-line"
  line 1: CSS property ignored: "spacing: 2px"
  line 1: Display value not supported "show"

>> 4)    I have created a small WebForum application (based on your
>> WebDiscussion app), which you might like to see:
>> WebForum.
>>

> That's the same as on your page? It looks better and existing
> WebDicussions really need a replacement anyway. Are you planing to
> separate design to CSS too? This would be fine to do. Later then we can
> change forum look just by changing its CSS.

I also sub-classed AIDASite and WebAdminApp to give me greater freedom
in tailoring different sites (and so that my experimentation did not
become too hard to unravel!).

>> I also have a question. How do you get the RichEditor to work? I have
>> installed tinyMCE, but I have not been able to figure out how to invoke
>> it. Did you create some methods within the image, or call it from the
>> outside?
>>

> See http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html for installation and
> configuration instructions. Also don't forget to change home directory
> in Settings to .\ if you are on Windows.

Windows! - are you kidding!
:-)
I changed the url and it's fine - thanks (although it does not show in
Konqueror).
>> Otherwise all is well, and I am enjoying 5.4.
>>

> Nice to hear that!
>
> Best regards
> Janko

Nicholas