versions/namespace

1 message Options

versions/namespace

Steve Alan Waring
Hi,

Catching up on a couple of messages:

== Versions:
Janko: The dialectX.Y.Z system sounds good, and would be useful for tracking
the synchronization between the  ports.

Is the idea to attempt to synchronize X.Y versions across dialects, but to
keep Z for dialect specific fixes?

== Namespaces:
To avoid clashes in Dolphin (either Globals/selectors) we have used the
Swazoo* prefix. Either Swazoo or Web would work (SW would not work well for
me :)

With regards to TimeStamp, should we implement #swazooNow and #swazooUTC
class methods? TimeStamp seems to differ across dialects, I have already
implemented #swazooNow (sent by Session resources) as Dolphin's base
constructor is #current vs VW's #now.

== Columbus:
Thanks Ken! I will merge these changes, and I have made a start of moving
the Dolphin HTTPConnection class into line with the VW version. I will also
try and update the "issues" list this week for the Columbus version.

Thanks,
Steve
www.dolphinharbor.org