verveinej and junit

Hani Abdeen
Hi,

Using VerveineJ, the stub classes realted to unit tests (TestCase, TestSuit and Test classes)  are not imported
also their namesapce junit.framework
These classes are imported using inFamix.

junit.framework.TestCase class is particularly important in order to automatically detect unit test classes: TestCase subclassHierarchy.
If this class is not available in the moose model then the only way to automatically detect unit test classes is by detecting the classes that their names are postfixed by 'Tests':
mooseModel allClasses select: [:c| '*Tests' match: c name]
such a way can provide us with wrong results!

Cheers,
Hani

which includes about 380 test classes (classes inherit from TestCase)

Re: verveinej and junit

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Hani,

This is probably because you did not specify the classpath.

Do the following:
cd jfreechart
/PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveinej.sh -Xmx2000m -- -autocp . .

This will tell verveineJ to consider the jars that come with the jfreechart distribution, and you will get your TestCase.

More explanations are here:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/external/verveineJ

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Dec 2011, at 00:28, Hani Abdeen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using VerveineJ, the stub classes realted to unit tests (TestCase, TestSuit and Test classes)  are not imported
> also their namesapce junit.framework
> These classes are imported using inFamix.
>
> junit.framework.TestCase class is particularly important in order to automatically detect unit test classes: TestCase subclassHierarchy.
> If this class is not available in the moose model then the only way to automatically detect unit test classes is by detecting the classes that their names are postfixed by 'Tests':
> mooseModel allClasses select: [:c| '*Tests' match: c name]
> such a way can provide us with wrong results!
>
> Cheers,
> Hani
>
> P.S.: use-case JFreechart project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfreechart/files/latest/download
> which includes about 380 test classes (classes inherit from TestCase)

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: verveinej and junit

Tudor Girba-2
Hi again,

I forgot to thank you for the report :).

With this occasion I found another bug related to the path:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=763

So, Hani, you should renamed the folder to eliminate the dots from the name if you want to get proper source anchors.

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Dec 2011, at 07:36, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Hani,
>
> This is probably because you did not specify the classpath.
>
> Do the following:
> cd jfreechart
> /PATH_TO_verveine.extractor.java/verveinej.sh -Xmx2000m -- -autocp . .
>
> This will tell verveineJ to consider the jars that come with the jfreechart distribution, and you will get your TestCase.
>
> More explanations are here:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/external/verveineJ
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 21 Dec 2011, at 00:28, Hani Abdeen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Using VerveineJ, the stub classes realted to unit tests (TestCase, TestSuit and Test classes)  are not imported
>> also their namesapce junit.framework
>> These classes are imported using inFamix.
>>
>> junit.framework.TestCase class is particularly important in order to automatically detect unit test classes: TestCase subclassHierarchy.
>> If this class is not available in the moose model then the only way to automatically detect unit test classes is by detecting the classes that their names are postfixed by 'Tests':
>> mooseModel allClasses select: [:c| '*Tests' match: c name]
>> such a way can provide us with wrong results!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hani
>>
>> P.S.: use-case JFreechart project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfreechart/files/latest/download
>> which includes about 380 test classes (classes inherit from TestCase)
>>
>> --

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

Re: verveinej and junit

Steffen Märcker
It might be neccessary to consider the common JUnit annotations as well,
e.g. @Test, @RunWith, etc. Inheriting from TestCase is not recommended
anymore in JUnit. Test methods and classes are now identified by their
annotations.

Regards, Steffen

Am 21.12.2011, 00:28 Uhr, schrieb Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Using VerveineJ, the stub classes realted to unit tests (TestCase,
> TestSuit
> and Test classes)  are not imported
> also their namesapce junit.framework
> These classes are imported using inFamix.
>
> junit.framework.TestCase class is particularly important in order to
> automatically detect unit test classes: TestCase subclassHierarchy.
> If this class is not available in the moose model then the only way to
> automatically detect unit test classes is by detecting the classes that
> their names are postfixed by 'Tests':
> mooseModel allClasses select: [:c| '*Tests' match: c name]
> such a way can provide us with wrong results!
>
> Cheers,
> Hani
>
> P.S.: use-case JFreechart project:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfreechart/files/latest/download
> which includes about 380 test classes (classes inherit from TestCase)

Re: verveinej and junit

Hani Abdeen
Hi,

Thanks Doru, using -autocp I've now the JUnit classes and a lot of other stub classes :) it's good to consider the jars that come with the project under-analysis.

@Steffen
Also thank you Steffen, you are right, we should consider, in addition to the JUnit classes, the JUnit annotations when they are used in the java project under-analysis.
Do you have/know a Java opensource project using JUnit annotations?
just to test the availability of those annotations using verveinej.

Cheers,
Hani

2011/12/21 Steffen Märcker <[hidden email]>
[...]

a quick look on JUnit shows that it eats its own dogfood - the tests for
JUnit use the annotations. Have a look at the sources on
https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/downloads
Unfortunately I am not aware of other projects using this annotations. I
suggest to just have a look a newer projects on GitHub & Co.

Regards,
Steffen

Am 21.12.2011, 19:03 Uhr, schrieb Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Doru, using -autocp I've now the JUnit classes and a lot of other
> stub classes :) it's good to consider the jars that come with the
> project under-analysis.
>
> @Steffen
> Also thank you Steffen, you are right, we should consider, in addition to
> the JUnit classes, the JUnit annotations when they are used in the java
> project under-analysis.
> Do you have/know a Java opensource project using JUnit annotations?
> just to test the availability of those annotations using verveinej.
>
> Cheers,
> Hani
>
> 2011/12/21 Steffen Märcker <[hidden email]>
>
>> It might be neccessary to consider the common JUnit annotations as well,
>> e.g. @Test, @RunWith, etc. Inheriting from TestCase is not recommended
>> anymore in JUnit. Test methods and classes are now identified by their
>> annotations.
>>
>> Regards, Steffen
>>

>> Am 21.12.2011, 00:28 Uhr, schrieb Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>:
>>

>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> Using VerveineJ, the stub classes realted to unit tests (TestCase,
>>> TestSuit
>>> and Test classes)  are not imported
>>> also their namesapce junit.framework
>>> These classes are imported using inFamix.
>>>
>>> junit.framework.TestCase class is particularly important in order to
>>> automatically detect unit test classes: TestCase subclassHierarchy.
>>> If this class is not available in the moose model then the only way to
>>> automatically detect unit test classes is by detecting the classes that
>>> their names are postfixed by 'Tests':
>>> mooseModel allClasses select: [:c| '*Tests' match: c name]
>>> such a way can provide us with wrong results!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hani
>>>
>>> P.S.: use-case JFreechart project:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/**projects/jfreechart/files/**latest/download<http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfreechart/files/latest/download>
>>> which includes about 380 test classes (classes inherit from TestCase)

Re: verveinej and junit

Hani Abdeen
Hi,
Thanks Steffen, I already found some java projects using JUnit annotations, such as: @RunWith, @Test, @Before and @After, and verveinej imports all this annotations.