verveinej unknown element

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I now got the following error when parsing a proprietary piece of code:

Exception in thread "main" ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor$UnknownElementError: Unknown element: null found via description: FAMIX.ParameterizedType.arguments
        at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.getSerialNumber(RepositoryVisitor.java:141)
        at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.acceptElement(RepositoryVisitor.java:100)
        at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.acceptVisitor(RepositoryVisitor.java:150)
        at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.run(RepositoryVisitor.java:195)
        at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.accept(Repository.java:105)
        at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.exportMSE(Repository.java:217)

I did not know how to isolate this, but it seems to me that the problem is somehow related to FAMIX. Am I right?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: verveinej unknown element

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Nicolas,

Any chance you could take a look at this?

Cheers,
Doru

On 6 Jun 2011, at 23:04, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I now got the following error when parsing a proprietary piece of code:
>
> Exception in thread "main" ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor$UnknownElementError: Unknown element: null found via description: FAMIX.ParameterizedType.arguments
> at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.getSerialNumber(RepositoryVisitor.java:141)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.acceptElement(RepositoryVisitor.java:100)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.acceptVisitor(RepositoryVisitor.java:150)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.run(RepositoryVisitor.java:195)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.accept(Repository.java:105)
> at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.exportMSE(Repository.java:217)
>
> I did not know how to isolate this, but it seems to me that the problem is somehow related to FAMIX. Am I right?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: verveinej unknown element

Nicolas Anquetil

Sorry, we have a congress here this week, so I am rarely in front of my computer and even less doing anything else than checking rapidly my emails.

Apparently this is due to an entity in the repository not having an ID.
The coments say:
     * @throws AssertionError if the given object is not an element of the
     * current repository. This may happen, if a meta-described property refers
     * to objects that are not contained in the repository. Repositories must
     * be complete under transitive closure, that is, all objects reachable from
     * elements in a repository must be elements of the repository themselves.

So I guess somehow, an Entity is created, but not stored in the repository. This is strange because all entities should be created through a call to verveine.core.Dictionary.createFamixEntity(...)

I will investigate a bit RepositoryVisitor to find out how best to track the error.
Coming back before the end  of the week hopefully

nicolas

> Any chance you could take a look at this?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 6 Jun 2011, at 23:04, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I now got the following error when parsing a proprietary piece of
> > code:
> >
> > Exception in thread "main"
> > ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor$UnknownElementError:
> > Unknown element: null found via description:
> > FAMIX.ParameterizedType.arguments
> > at
> > ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.getSerialNumber(RepositoryVisitor.java:141)
> > at
> > ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.acceptElement(RepositoryVisitor.java:100)
> > at
> > ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.acceptVisitor(RepositoryVisitor.java:150)
> > at
> > ch.akuhn.fame.internal.RepositoryVisitor.run(RepositoryVisitor.java:195)
> > at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.accept(Repository.java:105)
> > at ch.akuhn.fame.Repository.exportMSE(Repository.java:217)
> >
> > I did not know how to isolate this, but it seems to me that the
> > problem is somehow related to FAMIX. Am I right?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
> > one might have better chances to win by moving slower."
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: verveinej unknown element

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks a lot, Nicolas.

Doru

On 9 Jun 2011, at 10:47, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> Sorry, we have a congress here this week, so I am rarely in front of my computer and even less doing anything else than checking rapidly my emails.
>
> Apparently this is due to an entity in the repository not having an ID.
> The coments say:
>     * @throws AssertionError if the given object is not an element of the
>     * current repository. This may happen, if a meta-described property refers
>     * to objects that are not contained in the repository. Repositories must
>     * be complete under transitive closure, that is, all objects reachable from
>     * elements in a repository must be elements of the repository themselves.
>
> So I guess somehow, an Entity is created, but not stored in the repository. This is strange because all entities should be created through a call to verveine.core.Dictionary.createFamixEntity(...)
>

> I will investigate a bit RepositoryVisitor to find out how best to track the error.
> Coming back before the end  of the week hopefully
>
> nicolas

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."