via Arden Thomas, the annual stackoverflow programming language survey is open. Let's try and get visibility for Smalltalk

via Arden Thomas, the annual stackoverflow programming language survey is open. Let's try and get visibility for Smalltalk

Eliot Miranda-2
http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/314186/stack-overflow-annual-survey-2016

Should take less than 10 minutes to fill out.  You might want to send this on to programming teams working in companies using Smalltalk.

best, Eliot

Re: [Bulk] via Arden Thomas, the annual stackoverflow programming language survey is open. Let's try and get visibility for Smalltalk

Yanni Chiu
Done. It took practically the whole 10 minutes they said it would - mainly because of all the “recruiter” questions they asked.

Here’s my answer to the free-form questions at the end:

44. If we could add one thing to Stack Overflow just for you, what would it be?

More Smalltalk-friendly. I'm not a significant user because Smalltalk is poorly covered. From what I've heard, it's because a mob that is ignorant of Smalltalk keeps censoring anything to do with Smalltalk.

45. What excites you about being a programmer in 2016 and beyond?

We're just getting started. Only a generational change will rid us of the static-type mindset.