visualizing Glamour objects

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

In an effort to debug the problem of Glamour announcements, I created a visualization of the internals of Glamour that can be useful for other purposes as well.

Here is an example:
b := GLMTabulator new.
b column: #paneOne; column: #paneTwo.
b transmit to: #paneOne; andShow:[:a | a list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
b transmit from: #paneOne; to: #paneTwo; andShow:[:a | a list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
b openOn: 42.
(b panes first port: #selection) value: #41.
"this should set the browser. to visualize it, run:"
b viewTree.

You can see the result in the attachment.

Most likely, there will be some more things to come in this direction. If you have ideas, I would be happy to hear them.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

glamour-visualization.png (4K) Download Attachment

Re: visualizing Glamour objects

Tudor Girba-2
I forgot to mention the legend:
- the tree shows as nodes the panes and presentations / browsers
- the uml boxes are panes and ports
- the nodes with regular labels are presentations / browsers
- the blue lines are transmissions between ports

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: visualizing Glamour objects

Tudor Girba-2
I cannot stop :).

I attached here is the visualization of the Moose Meta Browser.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

moose-meta-browser-glamour-tree.png (17K) Download Attachment

Re: visualizing Glamour objects

EstebanLM
cool :)
just for information, latest changes introduced to glamour make the announcements work a lot better (I don't know if this is enough, didn't have the time to check it)

cheers,
Esteban

El 10/07/2011, a las 8:33a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> I cannot stop :).
>
> I attached here is the visualization of the Moose Meta Browser.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> <moose-meta-browser-glamour-tree.png>
>
> On 10 Jul 2011, at 13:23, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention the legend:
>> - the tree shows as nodes the panes and presentations / browsers
>> - the uml boxes are panes and ports
>> - the nodes with regular labels are presentations / browsers
>> - the blue lines are transmissions between ports
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 10 Jul 2011, at 13:18, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In an effort to debug the problem of Glamour announcements, I created a visualization of the internals of Glamour that can be useful for other purposes as well.
>>>
>>> Here is an example:
>>> b := GLMTabulator new.
>>> b column: #paneOne; column: #paneTwo.
>>> b transmit to: #paneOne; andShow:[:a | a list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
>>> b transmit from: #paneOne; to: #paneTwo; andShow:[:a | a list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
>>> b openOn: 42.
>>> (b panes first port: #selection) value: #41.
>>> "this should set the browser. to visualize it, run:"
>>> b viewTree.
>>>
>>> You can see the result in the attachment.
>>>
>>> Most likely, there will be some more things to come in this direction. If you have ideas, I would be happy to hear them.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>
>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."
>>>

>>> <glamour-visualization.png>
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Value is always contextual."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Live like you mean it."

Re: visualizing Glamour objects

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

It is not enough. In particular, there is an issue with copying browsers:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=656

This is a critical issue to get Glamour working properly with complex browsers. I am trying to work on it, and Damien Cassou is helping as well. But, we need help. Any volunteers? :)

Cheers,
Doru

On 10 Jul 2011, at 14:14, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> cool :)
> just for information, latest changes introduced to glamour make the announcements work a lot better (I don't know if this is enough, didn't have the time to check it)
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
> El 10/07/2011, a las 8:33a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>
>> I cannot stop :).
>>
>> I attached here is the visualization of the Moose Meta Browser.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>> <moose-meta-browser-glamour-tree.png>
>>
>> On 10 Jul 2011, at 13:23, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> I forgot to mention the legend:
>>> - the tree shows as nodes the panes and presentations / browsers
>>> - the uml boxes are panes and ports
>>> - the nodes with regular labels are presentations / browsers
>>> - the blue lines are transmissions between ports
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Value is always contextual."
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Live like you mean it."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: visualizing Glamour objects

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

It looks like I managed to fix the issue. It was quite nasty, but instructional :).

@Esteban: Could you please look at the amount of announcements that are being raised in the current version?

Cheers,
Doru