visualworks.exe and commandline option

Stefaan Denolf

Hi,

I am using the visualworks.exe, together with the visualworks.ini to choose the correct vw version.

What I noticed is the extra command line options are not passed on.

If I execute following statements in a dos-box

This does not work:

test.im –mycommandlineoption

This works:

                vwnt.exe test.im –mycommandlineoption

Has anyone a solution for this?

Mvg

Stefaan

Re: visualworks.exe and commandline option

Alan Knight-2
That seems to work fine for me with e.g.

 ..\bin\win\visualworks.exe visual.im -pcl HTTP

It does appear to have an issue in that if I use a command line option with spaces in it, e.g.
..\bin\win\visualworks.exe visual.im -doit "Dialog warn: 'Hello' "
that it seems like visualworks.exe is getting the quotes stripped, then passing the arguments to vwnt unquoted, so it tries to treat each individual word as a code fragment. That seems like a problem, but for command line arguments without spaces it seems fine.

At 03:49 AM 2010-07-12, Stefaan Denolf wrote:

Hi,

I am using the visualworks.exe, together with the visualworks.ini to choose the correct vw version.
What I noticed is the extra command line options are not passed on.

If I execute following statements in a dos-box
This does not work:

test.im –mycommandlineoption

This works:
                vwnt.exe test.im –mycommandlineoption

Has anyone a solution for this?

Mvg
Stefaan

Alan Knight [|], Engineering Manager, Cincom Smalltalk

FW: visualworks.exe and commandline option

Stefaan Denolf

The suggestion of Paul solves my problem.

Mvg

Stefaan

You could try to modify the registry entry for .im files by adding the additional arguments as well? Like vwnt.exe "%1" "%2"

Worth a try,

Paul

Op 12 jul 2010 om 09:49 heeft Stefaan Denolf <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:\

Hi,

I am using the visualworks.exe, together with the visualworks.ini to choose the correct vw version.

What I noticed is the extra command line options are not passed on.

If I execute following statements in a dos-box

This does not work:

test.im –mycommandlineoption

This works:

                vwnt.exe test.im –mycommandlineoption

Has anyone a solution for this?

Mvg

Stefaan

Re: FW: visualworks.exe and commandline option

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
But then you're not using visualworks.exe to pick the vm are you?

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

The suggestion of Paul solves my problem.

Mvg

Stefaan

Re: FW: visualworks.exe and commandline option

Stefaan Denolf

Hi,

The .im extension is associated with visualworks.exe.

So I changed my registry entry from "C:\vw\VisualWorks.exe" "%1” to "C:\vw\VisualWorks.exe" "%1" "%2" "%3" "%4"

That worked.

Mvg

Stefaan

But then you're not using visualworks.exe to pick the vm are you?

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

The suggestion of Paul solves my problem.

Mvg

Stefaan

Re: FW: visualworks.exe and commandline option

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Oh right, Paul's email said vwnt.exe which wouldn't be as helpful. Glad it worked out.

-Boris (via BlackBerry)