vm vw 7.8

Eric Bonté
Hello,
I made runtime images thanks to the “Visualworks walk through” (vw 7.8 ; win 7 pro 64).
The test was OK.
Each time I run thess images with the vm, a blank window which does not respond appears (I have to close it with the Windows task manager).
Can you help me ?
Thanks.
Eric

Re: vm vw 7.8

Holger Guhl
Eric,
check out whether there is a file "error.log" in the directory where the runtime image starts. If so, it contains a VisualWorks stack dump which will give you more insight on why the image fails to start successfully.

-Holger

Am 14.01.2012 04:33, schrieb Eric Bonté:
Hello,
I made runtime images thanks to the “Visualworks walk through” (vw 7.8 ; win 7 pro 64).
The test was OK.
Each time I run thess images with the vm, a blank window which does not respond appears (I have to close it with the Windows task manager).
Can you help me ?
Thanks.
Eric
_______________________________________________ vwnc mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc

Holger Guhl
--
Senior Consultant * Certified Scrum Master * [hidden email]
Tel: +49 231 9 75 99 21 * Fax: +49 231 9 75 99 20

Re: vm vw 7.8

Holger Guhl
Eric,
please make sure to remove the method
    SystemEventInterest class>>notifyStoreBrowser
during the Runtime Packaging. This can easily be done
- manually
- by adding it to the "items to be deleted" in RuntimePackager options
- by using the pre-strip technique proposed by Res100325.
If you are a Support customer, you can download Res100325 from the Cincom Support Website (branch for VW 7.7.1). Details of the solution are documented in the attached Resolution text file.

Best Regards
Holger

Am 17.01.2012 02:13, schrieb Eric Bonté:
Holger,

My app. et the OS are not the cause of the breakdown (I have the same problem with XP or with the runtime image made from the Examples given by Cincom).

In every case I obtain the same message in error.log : “Cause of Dump: Unhandled exception: The identifier Store.Glorp.StoreRefactoringBrowser has no binding”.

Thank you for your help.

Eric

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [vwnc] vm vw 7.8

[...]