voyage in singleton mode

Jesús Marí
Hello all, I'm developing a tepot+voyage(mongodb) web app and I have one doubt, is voyage thread safe? or do I have to take care about using a Mutex because multiple teapot instances can call it.
Thank you all!

Re: voyage in singleton mode

NorbertHartl
You should not have to worry. The two possible culprits are the VOCache which should be thread safe done by a semaphore. The other one is the connection to the database. Here the connection pool removes that problem.

Hope that answers your question. I use it just as it is in a concurrent environment.

Norbert

> Hello all, I'm developing a tepot+voyage(mongodb) web app and I have one doubt, is voyage thread safe? or do I have to take care about using a Mutex because multiple teapot instances can call it.
> Thank you all!

Re: voyage in singleton mode

Jesús Marí
Thanks Norbert! Voyage is a great piece of software.

El mar., 1 jun. 2021 11:53, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> escribió:
You should not have to worry. The two possible culprits are the VOCache which should be thread safe done by a semaphore. The other one is the connection to the database. Here the connection pool removes that problem.

Hope that answers your question. I use it just as it is in a concurrent environment.

Norbert

> Hello all, I'm developing a tepot+voyage(mongodb) web app and I have one doubt, is voyage thread safe? or do I have to take care about using a Mutex because multiple teapot instances can call it.
> Thank you all!

Re: voyage in singleton mode

Russ Whaley
I am very interested in getting started with MongoDB. I’ve been using STON for full object model read/writes, but I’d like to take the next step into a more sustainable path (as my object models grow larger with time).

I’m using Pharo v9 on MacOS. Where should I start?  Voyage?  Any pointers/tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

Russ Whaley

Re: voyage in singleton mode

Esteban Lorenzano
hi,

you can start by voyage which is an Object-Document mapper or directly with the mongo driver if you do not want to use it :)
in any case, installing voyage will install also the driver and you can start there to see how it works ;)

Esteban

Russ Whaley

Re: voyage in singleton mode

Have a look at the Voyage booklet available on books.pharo.org and let us know.

--
Russ Whaley

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: voyage in singleton mode

Sabine Manaa
Hi Russ,

there are also some videos at youtube:

https://youtu.be/sYFAwjpCFKA

Note that there are some starting questions have been answered in the mailing list:

and in the databases section of the pharo group in discord.

regards
Sabine

--
Russ Whaley