Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

voyage in singleton mode

Jesús Marí
Hello all, I'm developing a tepot+voyage(mongodb) web app and I have one doubt, is voyage thread safe? or do I have to take care about using a Mutex because multiple teapot instances can call it.
Thank you all! 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: voyage in singleton mode

NorbertHartl
You should not have to worry. The two possible culprits are the VOCache which should be thread safe done by a semaphore. The other one is the connection to the database. Here the connection pool removes that problem.

Hope that answers your question. I use it just as it is in a concurrent environment.

Norbert

> Am 01.06.2021 um 11:34 schrieb Jesus Mari Aguirre <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello all, I'm developing a tepot+voyage(mongodb) web app and I have one doubt, is voyage thread safe? or do I have to take care about using a Mutex because multiple teapot instances can call it.
> Thank you all!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jesús Marí
Thanks Norbert! Voyage is a great piece of software.

El mar., 1 jun. 2021 11:53, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> escribió:
You should not have to worry. The two possible culprits are the VOCache which should be thread safe done by a semaphore. The other one is the connection to the database. Here the connection pool removes that problem.

Hope that answers your question. I use it just as it is in a concurrent environment.

Norbert

>
> Hello all, I'm developing a tepot+voyage(mongodb) web app and I have one doubt, is voyage thread safe? or do I have to take care about using a Mutex because multiple teapot instances can call it.
> Thank you all!
Reply | Threaded
|

Russ Whaley
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl
I am very interested in getting started with MongoDB. I’ve been using STON for full object model read/writes, but I’d like to take the next step into a more sustainable path (as my object models grow larger with time). 

I’m using Pharo v9 on MacOS. Where should I start?  Voyage?  Any pointers/tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 5:53 AM Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Norbert

>
> Thank you all!
--
Russ Whaley
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
|

Esteban Lorenzano
hi,

you can start by voyage which is an Object-Document mapper or directly with the mongo driver if you do not want to use it :)
in any case, installing voyage will install also the driver and you can start there to see how it works ;)

Esteban

On Jun 3 2021, at 12:25 am, Russ Whaley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am very interested in getting started with MongoDB. I’ve been using STON for full object model read/writes, but I’d like to take the next step into a more sustainable path (as my object models grow larger with time). 

I’m using Pharo v9 on MacOS. Where should I start?  Voyage?  Any pointers/tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Russ

Norbert

>
> Thank you all!
--
Russ Whaley
Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by Russ Whaley
Have a look at the Voyage booklet available on books.pharo.org and let us know. 

S

On 3 Jun 2021, at 00:25, Russ Whaley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks,
Russ

Norbert

>
> Thank you all!
--
Russ Whaley
[hidden email]

--------------------------------------------
Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle 
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley, 
Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Reply | Threaded
|

Sabine Manaa
Hi Russ,

there are also some videos at youtube: 

https://youtu.be/sYFAwjpCFKA 

Note that there are some starting questions have been answered in the mailing list:

and in the databases section of the pharo group in discord.

regards
Sabine 

Am Do., 3. Juni 2021 um 09:36 Uhr schrieb Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
Have a look at the Voyage booklet available on books.pharo.org and let us know. 

S

On 3 Jun 2021, at 00:25, Russ Whaley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks,
Russ

Norbert

>
> Thank you all!
--
Russ Whaley
[hidden email]

--------------------------------------------
Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle 
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,