[vwnc] 64 bit base.im

Isaac Gouy
afaict there isn't a 64 bit base.im - will there be?

Re: [vwnc] 64 bit base.im

Martin McClure
Isaac Gouy wrote:
> afaict there isn't a 64 bit base.im - will there be?

I haven't tried this for a while (i.e. I haven't tried it in 7.7) but
you should be able to use preview/64-bit/ImageWriter.pcl to convert a
32-bit image to a 64-bit one.

At one time this only worked on Solaris and would fail on Linux, but I
don't know if that's still the case in 7.7.

Regards,

-Martin

Re: [vwnc] 64 bit base.im

Martin McClure
Martin McClure wrote:
> Isaac Gouy wrote:
>> afaict there isn't a 64 bit base.im - will there be?
>
> I haven't tried this for a while (i.e. I haven't tried it in 7.7) but
> you should be able to use preview/64-bit/ImageWriter.pcl to convert a
> 32-bit image to a 64-bit one.
>
> At one time this only worked on Solaris and would fail on Linux, but I
> don't know if that's still the case in 7.7.

Sorry, said that backwards. It used to *succeed* on Linux and *fail* on
Solaris.

-Martin