[vwnc] [7.5nc]Loading a bundle from Store ended up trying to evaluate a string instead of a block

[vwnc] [7.5nc]Loading a bundle from Store ended up trying to evaluate a string instead of a block

Lautaro Fernández
Hi list,
I was working with a Bundle (lets say B) to set some prerequisites versions when I noticed that if I set a block in "Prerequisite Version Selection Action" like this:
[ :parcelName :versionString :requiredVersionString |
versionString = requiredVersionString ]

And later I publish it into Store, when I tried to load B from Store, a Store.Bundle's message tries to evaluate a string instead a block.
The content of the string is the same as the block, but it's a string and not a block.
'[:parcelName :versionString :requiredVersionString |
versionString = requiredVersionString ]'

The problematic message is "Store.Pundle>>checkPrerequisiteNamed: prerequisiteName withVersion: prerequisiteVersionString requiredVersion:"

So, did I do something wrong? Or this is a kind of a bug?
And if you have some time: this is the best way to set a "prerequisite version package" (e.g. I want that for B always load Swazoo2.0 or greater) or there is other workaround which is better?

Other details: I'm working with a 7.5nc image

Thanks in advance,
Lautaro Fernández

--
Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker

Re: [vwnc] [7.5nc]Loading a bundle from Store ended up trying to evaluate a string instead of a block

Reinout Heeck

On Jun 27, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Lautaro Fernández wrote:

> The content of the string is the same as the block, but it's a
> string and not a block.
> '[:parcelName :versionString :requiredVersionString |
> versionString = requiredVersionString ]'
>
> The problematic message is "Store.Pundle>>checkPrerequisiteNamed:
> prerequisiteName withVersion: prerequisiteVersionString
> requiredVersion:"
>
> So, did I do something wrong? Or this is a kind of a bug?

It's a bug, this is fixed in VW7.6.

> And if you have some time: this is the best way to set a
> "prerequisite version package" (e.g. I want that for B always load
> Swazoo2.0 or greater) or there is other workaround which is better?

This:
   versionString = requiredVersionString
is supported in the RB in the 'Properties' tab of the bundle, under
'Development Prerequisites'.

But this:
   Swazoo2.0 or greater
not. (Using "Prerequisite Version Selection Action" seems the right
thing to try.)

> Other details: I'm working with a 7.5nc image

Consider upgrading :-)

-

2008/6/27 Reinout Heeck <[hidden email]>:

On Jun 27, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Lautaro Fernández wrote:
> The content of the string is the same as the block, but it's a
>[...]
>
> So, did I do something wrong? Or this is a kind of a bug?

It's a bug, this is fixed in VW7.6.

> And if you have some time: this is the best way to set a
> "prerequisite version package" (e.g. I want that for B always load
> Swazoo2.0 or greater) or there is other workaround which is better?

This:
  versionString = requiredVersionString
is supported in the RB in the 'Properties' tab of the bundle, under
'Development Prerequisites'.

But this:
  Swazoo2.0 or greater
not. (Using "Prerequisite Version Selection Action" seems the right
thing to try.)

I'll try then my bundles under VW 7.6 and then publish them.
This pops me another question: if I publish a Bundle B with version "7.4.1_3.2", when I define my block
[:parcelName :versionString :requiredVersionString |  versionString = requiredVersionString ]
the versionString is "7.4.1_3.2" ?
or it has to be a new field "version" in the "Other Properties"?(like Swazoo does)

> Other details: I'm working with a 7.5nc image

Consider upgrading :-)

Thanks a lot. I'm working on that!

-

Lautaro